ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 non start, dash nearly dead but not quite.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Checked lots and lots of things but short story is relays click, card reader and start button light up. Immob light flashes as normal. Brake lights work correctly but the dash itself doesn't react at all. Where does it get its signal from and where does it send it to?

My concern is it's a uch issue. And also that the original ecu is no longer present.

Cluster is getting 12v and has a good earth.

Things are complicated by other issues such as the k20 and the ecu masters ecu being powered by the fulcrum loom.

I'm 40 miles away and have suggested a lot to check to save a journey but running out of ideas now!

@Brigsy any ideas?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Have you checked in the UCH? They’re prone to the relays melting in there.

Apart from that, if it’s not battery then it could be an earth or supply issue.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I think the whole ‘coding’ malarkey is a load of b****cks personally.
If the fuses and relays are set out the same, give it a try.

The K20 doesn’t make things easier. If it had the original engine it would likely be a starter issue, the fuse on the positive terminal of the battery, or one of the main power cables.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I think the whole ‘coding’ malarkey is a load of b****cks personally.
If the fuses and relays are set out the same, give it a try.

The K20 doesn’t make things easier. If it had the original engine it would likely be a starter issue, the fuse on the positive terminal of the battery, or one of the main power cables.
It adds some spice certainly!

I think it's worth a shot. I might end up having to go up but it's a faff as I still can't drive that far so need a lift.

He should've just bought a faster car 😂

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Has it ran before? Can you force ign on to prove card is recognized?

Im not 100% on the wiring for 197 - on 182 i had to bypass the starter relay as it wouldnt crank as immob circuit was not complete - assume ecumaster wont deal with immobiliser.

Clio 3 2.0litre
Check the engine earth lead and the earths at the front of the n's chassis leg and the lh inner wing.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Has it ran before? Can you force ign on to prove card is recognized?

Im not 100% on the wiring for 197 - on 182 i had to bypass the starter relay as it wouldnt crank as immob circuit was not complete - assume ecumaster wont deal with immobiliser.
It hasn't.
But I've got him to a point everything powers on 🎉

Starter isn't spinning properly even when bridged so he's currently working on that but I see no reason for it to not crank now.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Might be fine once starter is sorted. If no crank or short crank, id look into how its wired up. Did fulcrum say if any mods required?