ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 f1 or Integra Type R (dc5)

L-Y Clio 197 F1
as title may suggest:

I'm at a bit of a crossroads in terms of my car. I've got the chance to snap up a pretty mint 02 plate DC5 in championship white with 64k on the clock with optional C pack. I had my heart set on a 'teg before I saw my current LY 197 f1 come up for sale (also someone dropped a deposit around 2 hours before me on the 'teg that I wanted)

I'm unsure what to do. I love the integra styling, personally. Both cars have a similar sort of idea behind them if you ask me (FWD N/A screamers). a Few plus sides of the dc5 are that it has more power, vtec, and a gearbox made from real metal parts instead of melted down and moulded Carburys chocolate buttons.

On the other hand - visually - my 197 is exactly what I want it to be. There's nothing on it I want to change, and the last thing I want to do is sell it off then kick myself after owning an integra for a few days/weeks 'cos it's not all what I thought it would be.

Thoughts? On a huge plus side - I get to drive a DC5 this Sunday courtesy of a colleague :D

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The DC5 is an awesome car! I've never driven a 197 but I'd certainly rather a DC5 over a 1*2

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
DC5 probably for me but it might not be for everyone so have a good try of one first if the 197 is just how you want it.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
god-damn that is absolutely stunning! never thought of them alloys on the dc5, they look perfect

I thought the same thing, but they seem to of split opinion on here. Personally I think they look better than than the standard wheels

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you are chinese or from bradistan, the DC5 will blend right in.

Listerine & Poledo
DC-5, everytime.

Superior in every sense. The only Clios in the same league would be v6 or F1s in LY with full body kit

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
DC5, no brainer IMO. More powerful, better handling, better seats, looks miles better.

Swift Sport
Having owned an absolutely mint 197 on KW coilovers with a cage and whatnot I do have a little soft spot for them...

However, buy a DC5.

Are the dc5's really that good? After owning dc2's I've always thought the dc5 k20 engine was disappointing in comparison and the handling wasn't as good or as fun to drive. Probably still better than the clio though lol.

S4 Avant
Checked insurance on the teg? They're massively expensive to insure compared with other similar performing cars.

S4 Avant
I'm actually going to do a quote on my S4 and a DC5 now. The S4 has 60bhp more, lets see how much more I pay on the teg!

L-Y Clio 197 F1
I think your question has been answered!

indeed :) quite surprised actually. Thought there would be less love for the honda on a reno forum! Well get to take a quick spin in a 'teg tomorrow. Lets hope it doesn't get too under my skin as ive got atleast 12 weeks to wait until mine arrives in the country :<

renault clio 182
Absolute no brainer dc5 all day long if love one just wouldn't pay that too insure one but all Hondas seem silly insurance for me that's why haven't got one yet :(