ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 creaking / rattle from boot area

My 197 has creaking / rattle noises coming from the boot area. They're most obvious at low speeds on imperfect urban roads. It sounds like it could be the tailgate bouncing against the locking mechanism, or something to do with the rear glass - but I can't see anything obvious!

My local dealer had a look when I had the car serviced recently, but wasn't able to cure it. It's driving me mad - does anyone else have this problem, or the solution?

RB 197 fatty
mine does the exact same noise, usually over a bump or as im turning.....

creaks, rattles, clonks, hisses, whurrs, knocks...... iv heard them all, and i think all 197 owners do and most renaultsport owners at all infact

theres almost always nothing to worry about..... just an added extra as standard with the car

dont worry you wont get bored, it will stop one day then the next there will be a squeek under your seat!!!

White clique
my exhaust was knocking and they adjusted that for me, i didnt hear it at high speed only low or over bumps.

PH1 172 Sport
I like to call all these anoyances 'features'. Its the joy of owning something french. Allot of them can be solved though. Get someone to sit in the back and press on the parcel shelf, panel etc whilst the rattling is happening and hopefully you will find out its source.

it wouldnt be the shocks??

on my 182 i hade a rattle/squeek for months till i found out my shock was leaking...

dont know if the 197's still get the leaky shocks like the rest of us...but i dont imagine renault have put any money into research and development to sort this out..

my cup spoiler was also squeking....i took it off..adjusted the wire underneath..

my money is on the parcel shelf...

It's not the parcel shelf, because the noise is still there when I've put the seats down.

It sounds like a "hollow" noise in the boot lid. Is it easy to remove the boot lid trim?

Megane dci 130
I know the cause and the cure. :)

Just add a little thick grease to the catch and the striker and it should be ok ;)

RB Clio 200 Cup
Bump.

I have this on my 200 cup and it seems to come from the rear seat bench, as when i stopped and opened the boot, I pushed against the rear seats and it creaks. Going to try and resolve it but god knows how lol