ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Brakes - Clio Cup 172

Clio 172 Cup
Hi All,
Quick question no doubt someone has already asked this but does anyone know any details about changing the standard clio 172 brakes for the 197 Brembos. I can aquire a pair of calipers for a bargain price and i think it would be an ideal upgrade.
Many Thanks
Ben

it could be done without too much hassle, get some 182 bells and discs from either the ap racing kit or brembo kit, get some goodridge lines made, and get some custom brackets made, the calipers are huge though so might need 17" wheels.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, Sorry to ask when you say 182 bells? I thought the disks were the same on the 172 as well as the 182 is this not the case?

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I would recommend the brakes of the Grand ScénicII 2.0, 4-stud and 300mm diameter. Should be possible to use also the rear brakes then you have 270mm solids...

Renault Twingo RS
I would recommend the brakes of the Grand ScénicII 2.0, 4-stud and 300mm diameter. Should be possible to use also the rear brakes then you have 270mm solids...

Cool! And probably cheap too! Are the Calipers also beefier on the Grand Scenic? Or exactly the same? If the calipers of the Grand Scenic than this would this be a simple bolt off, bolt on solution?