ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Starting issues Strange!

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
So bought this a few moons ago with a piston out the block, needed abit of TLC which I've done, belts ect 197 cams fitted. I can't get it to run... Engine turnes over but the battery and stopight was flashing,?!? Now I've check the immobilizer, crank, engine relays ect everything is okay...

However I have now noticed the either lead is getting piping hot, too hot to touch when turning engine over... Obviously this isn't normal... But can someone say for sure if that would stop it from running?
IMG_20191002_101815.jpg

2004 RB182 Cup
Try earthing the battery to chassis with a jump lead. If it starts you need a new earth lead or the earth point is corroded. Had a similar issue.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Was the immobilizer even tho the light went out, it was still causing issue, used clip to go into it and removed all faults.