ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 exhaust rattle

Clio 2.0 182
Hi all,

when i deaccelerate i can hear something in the exhaust sort of rattling. It also happens at very low revs, ie. taking first of clutch without accelerator pedal being pressed, when its about to stall, something rattling in the exhaust and im finding it annoying.

has anybody any idea what it could be?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
If it's loose or not. Heat shield should be secured and not touching the exhaust at all. One of the clips might have come off

Clio 2.0 182
when i smack middle of exhuast with hand i can hear same sound. Heatshield is all tight and secure.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
100% centre box is Shagged. - assuming original exhaust.

They are about £130 from Adam. but most people just buy an aftermarket one.

Clio 2.0 182
How much!!! only bought the car less than 2 weeks ago......

The dealer i bought it off said he might have a spare exhaust and if he finds it i can have it!!!

I don't see why i should that amount of money after only buying a car which has paperwork to say its only just had a full £400 service.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
You could weld a straight through pipe in.

clio 182 exhausts are a pain in the ........

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Well its not illegal so your fine

i would take it back to the dealer and say the centre section is shagged, it is classed as wear and tear but he should contribute seeing as its only a week

he probably didnt know , most dont know their arse from their elbow.

Arctic 182
I had a rattle from mine when I pulled away. It also came on at 30 & 50 driving normally. I checked my heat shield & it was fine, had a better look & my lambda sensor was rattling against the shield. Obviously I'd take the advice of R-Sport cars as he knows what he's talking about but it might be worth a look!

Clio 2.0 182
Took car to garage this morning and the centre box has all corroded and has holes in it. Ordered a new one, £120. Need a back tyre as well as found a nail and thorn in it!!!!!

172 Cup Track Daily
Sounds like the same rattle on mine, its the heat shields creating a metallic rattle sound.

Clio 2.0 182
Sounds like the same rattle on mine, its the heat shields creating a metallic rattle sound.

its not. It's the centre silencer box corroded and has a hole in it, getting worse quite quickly as well. However, parts are on there way and it will be fixed Saturday :)

172 Cup Track Daily
its not. It's the centre silencer box corroded and has a hole in it, getting worse quite quickly as well. However, parts are on there way and it will be fixed Saturday :)

Oh sorry, was referring to mine (as i have an aftermarket system with no box) ..thought it may provide some info to you of another cause of the rattle!

Clio 2.0 182
i did ask to put a straight pipe through and leave out the centre box altogether but he said i would need a flange? the bore size is difference between the back box pipe and the centre box pipe.... so i said just order another centre box !