ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 cup meets I.T.B :P

ph1 clio
Hi all, Just thought id share my new toy, swapped it for my ph1 172 plus cash.....

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

then browsing on fail-sport a set of jenvey bodies and omex set up came up for sale..(Everything needed for the conversion) quite cheap to i think! (got it even less then the asking price :p)

so picked them up last sat,

spent about an hour on it Tuesday (my lunch) and basically got this far.....

IMG_0746.jpg

then today went into work early, managed to get another hour of playing :), got this far...

IMG_0749.jpg

hours lunch then brought the car to completion! Just want to say a big thanks to 519 automotive who helped me out alot with were the omex loom ect went!

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

the omex originally came of off a 182 with similar mods to mine and produced 194bhp, i no every cars diffferant so car is getting re-booked for a remap, but 1st getting rolling roaded sunday to see what she is at before the remap,

ph1 clio
cheers, ill get better pics tomoro, at the moment she has open trumpets :O i no i no bad idea! but she sounds ace ahaha, just ordered some sausage filters, theyll be here friday, also the earo catchs go on firday aswell so i can free up some room!

Ellz

ph1 clio
cheers, ill get better pics tomoro, at the moment she has open trumpets :O i no i no bad idea! but she sounds ace ahaha, just ordered some sausage filters, theyll be here friday, also the earo catchs go on firday aswell so i can free up some room!

Ellz

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
its impossible to say!! some cars have been unhealthy and done 175ish and some do 195 ish, its all down to the mapping and history of the engine mate

ph1 clio
No couldn't wait any longer just wanted then on haha!

So glad I didn't have to swop looms over!

Have purchesed some ram air sausage filters, don't like the one that came with lol,

True Dave, can only hope, but feels alot quicker and the sound is amazing!!!!

Ellz

Clio Sport, Navara
Dude thats very nice! im Loving the ITB's :D Bet it sounds soo good!!! in my opinion i think that you should lower it a little :eek: i think they look alot better when there dropped a little more than what they are!!! :cool:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
do you know when you last had a set of plugs changed? if not its well worth making sure you have a good set on prior to mapping mate

350z, Subaru Legacy
Very nice, this was the route I was going to go down with my RB...

you're not far from me, maybe you should take me for a spin :p

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet! What do you think mine should be runnin? I'm hoping close to 200bhp??

Ellz

dont hold ure breath. did u get it rolling before the itbs? from what ive seen power varies with massive temp issues. Mike @ rentech had one ages ago and even cut out holes in his bonnet for each one and still made 180 ish bhp . Another one i came across recently had the same issue.

sound nice tho...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
yep, they sure are. looks like a nice set up, i heard the wiring was a bit dodgy tho.... Makesure you take it to some one reputable for mapping, and if your having it rr'd before hand save your money, as it will be done when being mapped anyway

330i. E30 Touring.
I'd have it mapped at TDF if I was you..

Any potential wiring issues can be identified then, if needed.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ah fair play then, where you going?

I'd have it mapped at TDF if I was you..

Any potential wiring issues can be identified then, if needed.

Was exactly what i was gong to say but didnt want to appear biased! especially when you think who did the wiring and mapping originally.

ph1 clio
Looks like tdf is were I will going, I'll make a few phone calls, apparently they made 194 on the engine theybwas on??

Dodgy wiring? Please exsplain? Th only wiring on their is the tdc one (which I did) and the dephaser solinoid (spelling) which was ok? Apart from them 2 it's all omex loom??

Rob I cut the omex out off the 182 loom I got and attached it to mine in the car... Simples :),

Ellz

ph1 clio
dont hold ure breath. did u get it rolling before the itbs? from what ive seen power varies with massive temp issues. Mike @ rentech had one ages ago and even cut out holes in his bonnet for each one and still made 180 ish bhp . Another one i came across recently had the same issue.

sound nice tho...

Didn't have it rolling roaded before but was booked in for sat before I even thought about bying the kit, so just gonna see, have herd the place is good for mapping stand alone systems tho, I'll have a chat with him sat see what he recommends doing

Ellz

ph1 clio

sound nice tho...

Didn't have it rolling roaded before but was booked in for sat before I even thought about bying the kit, so just gonna see, have herd the place is good for mapping stand alone systems tho, I'll have a chat with him sat see what he recommends doing

Ellz