ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - coil overs or springs?

2005 Clio 182
I've got a clio 182 want it to sit a little lower and handle a little better too, was looking at the eibach sport lines springs on ktec dropping it around 30mm so it states as wouldn't want to go any lower really, the car doesn't do track days etc and wouldn't want to buy cheap coil overs.

Was wondering if these springs are a decent upgrade for the £180 or is it worth spending the £800 on coilovers, just not sure I'd see their true use just on the road?

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

Volvo S40
If you're not going to track it and you only want a small drop I wouldn't even contemplate shelling out £800 on coilovers.

The eibach sportlines are quite well regarded on here. Another (slightly cheaper) option is cooksport springs although they're not often in stock.

Depending on the age of the car I'd consider using the money you save from not buying coilovers on refreshing some of the other suspension components at the same time if required eg shocks, wishbones, steering rack bushes, track rods, track rod ends, arb bushes etc.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
On my daily I have fitted eibach pro springs with 172 cup front shocks and 182 cup rear as it is not the FF version. I’m quite pleased as it is not really low so I have clearance for speed bumps and is firmer.

Paris

RB 182 FF
I'm another cooksport fan, my car sits at a lovely daily height and the ride is also very good...:up:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Id be happy enough to use them again. Although someone i know uses H&R and rates them alot, over cooksports too.

BG Clio 182
Apex rides like there is no suspension on the car at all, painful on the kidneys! Sportlines ride like stock cup packed suspension, just lower. I think the Cooksports are lower than sportlines, but I could be wrong

RB 182 FF
Cooksports are supposed to be 25/30mm drop, but my car looks significantly more than that over standard....but it's perfect, I love the ride height of mine.