ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 alternator

Clio 1.2 16v 2002
Just jumped in my car to go to the shop and my dashboard was lit up like a Christmas tree. All STOP and Battery light are on when stopped in nuetral, and all my electrics work. When I accelerate all my lights, radio, clock, wipers etc stop working aswell as all of the lights on the dash lighting up.

Took it down to the garage, and it's been diagnosed as my alternator is about to go - I trust the garage and they have been very helpful with my 182 in the month and a half I have owned it, but just wanted some opinions on the quote I have been given.

I've been quoted;
£153 for labour
£220 for Alternator
£75 for alternator belt kit

Can anybody shed some light on this price? My old man seems to think its expensive so thought I would post on here.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Ok thanks mate, was just curious.
I'm based in Edinburgh mate.

Give SWR a call for a price and you can grab an alternator from Eurocar parts, Pentland Comp or Dingbro.
Part number below
http://www.swrautos.co.uk/sport.html

OE Valeo unit
dftc.jpg

Lucas Unit
vnfnux.jpg

Last edited: