ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 22mpg??

clio 182
hey.. basically i treated myself to a clio 182 a month or so bk and its avarage 22MPG :s
i dont no why this is as iv seen other running at alot higher,, dont no if any1 could help me out here but would be great if u can..
my girl is runnning a stainless scorpion exhaust with a pipercross panel filter but i no that ant the reson why,, shes running absolutly perfect aswell so thats why im confused about it..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get it looked at, could be one of three things:

An iffy sensor somewhere (which should bring up a fault code)
Needs a damn good service
You're right foot is lead lined.

My ph1 would average 38 MPG or so.

182 Ly ff.
Lambda? That looks after fuelling etc, best way is to swap the two around (cat and per cat) see if that makes a difference.

clio 182
thanks for your help, forgot to mention its just had a full service.. my right foot is lead lined so that i no doesnt help.. lol :) plus i only work a thew miles away from home n always around town so it doesnt help im always constantly stop and starting.. thanks :)

Black 182 FF
Where do you drive it, for how long etc?

Mine is pretty terrible in short runs in town of around 1.5miles to 2miles as it never properly gets warmed up. Just changed my Lambda and it's improved slightly but not a lot, mid 20's at the moment (was lower 20's at best, only done a week or so of it yet though). If I let it get warmed up around (and just outside of) town then that climbs quite easily to around the 30 mark and a decent run out will pull over 30 easily. On the motorway I probably average about 35mpg, but if you've got the patience and can be bothered staying sixty or under for a good long journey will easily see 40+ on the computer and I've seen a 48 once (though how accurate this is I've no idea).

CTS?? Whats this please :)

Just had my lambda replaced today, motorway run there 30mpg @ 70mph, run back 50mpg also @70. Boom.

Still have bad fuelling issues though, fail

clio 182
Thanks, ya im only doin about 2 mile to work n a mile to town so thas probly why.. Next sunday im goin to santa pod so will reset it befor i leave n see how it does then.. Thanks for your help :)

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
You get any outcome from these problems mate?

Mine needs servicing so hoping my drop in MPG is only down to that and not something else...