ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Mk1 Air con suddenly stopped??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Hi all,

My air conditioning has been working fine, and very cold since I bought the car 18 months ago. It was working and very cold yesterday monring.

But it stopped working suddenly yesterday, the only thing that I can think of that was strange was the weather, it rained very very hard and at one point I drove through a very deep puddle, and I'm sure water must have splashed up under the engine bay.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but an hour later noticed the aircon had stopped working (the windows started to steam up). The light still comes on when I press the button, but no noise from the engine bay of the compressor starting up? and no cool air?

I'm thinking because of the water it could be an electrical problem? What electrics / fuses are there when it comes to the air con?

Or could the water have casued a leak in the system, or some other problem?

Or is the water just a conisedence? and it is another problem?

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Richard