ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 172 MISFIRE ON TICK OVER

clio 172
HI EVERYONE,

MY CLIO IS MISFIREING VERY SLIGHTLY ON TICK OVER, THE REVS JUMP ABOUT 1MM ON THE REV COUNTER AND THE EXHAUST HAS SUDDEN GUSHES OF AIR. IT ISNT TO BAD BUT I WANT TO GET IT FIXED.

WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? WILL SPARK PLUGS AND HT LEADS SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

clio 172
Its always been like it recently, but i noticed it a little bit more recently. You can feel it through the seats sometimes aswell.

clio 172
normal

i had two diagnostic test done on mind when i first got my 172 then found out it was normal they idle lumpy and pop a bit for the exhaust

dont worry mate all very normal
all to do with the way its set up to pass strict emissions nowadays

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Mine does it too, but will be putting new spark plugs in this week as my current ones look shot at 50,000 miles, was told they were gd for 75,000 miles :dapprove: so hopefully that will ease it up abit

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mine was doing it.

Fitted new plugs and leads and it runs sweet as a nut.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Fitted new plugs and leads and it runs sweet as a nut

gd gd, thats what i wanted to hear, new plugs should be with me wed/thursday :)

Dan did you notice overall performance increase or just smooth idol? only been driving the car for a couple of weeks now, so cant compare, would be ace if there was even more go go:cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Couldn't say mate. Bought it lumpy so never really 'drove it' properly until after it was sorted.

All I do know is, it goes like f**king stink! lol.

clio cup172
Well its good to know other people have the same experience,only does it when cold, it seems to settle on mine when up to temprature.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
This is normal.
When I bought my, it misfired. Replaced plugs and leads to stop the misfire. Still, today after about 12K miles it behave just like you described.

clio sport 172 cup
when i first bought my cup it was lumpy too,bought new plugs from k-tek racing and still the same so bought some magnicore leads 8.5mm and suprise it still ran the same,so i think it's normal.somthing to do with the emissions control i was told if that's any help to you. ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
New plugs & itg filter installed... Runs sooo much better :D , Idle souns alot healthy when cold, main improvment is low rpm torque although this could be due to installing the new itg pannel filter, car just feels so much more responsive.. RStuner kit next, yea baby yea!!... & the spending continues lol...