ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 electronic fault problem

CLIO 172
Hello.

I have recently returned home after 4 months away. My car has been sat on the drive doing nothing, it hasnt budged an inch. I went to start it the other day and nothing happened - not even lights on the dash. Battery I thought.

I have changed the battery today and the ignition now works fine. However the electrical fault light now stays on after all the other lights have gone out. The car will turn over fine but will not start.

The spark plugs and coil pack are working fine, but the spark plugs are bone dry even after me trying to start the motor at least 10 times. I have uncliped the fuel hose and turned the car over and it is definatley receiving fuel to the injectors.

It seems that the fuel is stopping there and not going through the injectors to the engine.

Any ideas?

Megane dci 130
Is the imobilser light going out? ie. the little red light on the dash.

Is it staying solid?
Is it flashing rapidly?

If its staying solid, turn the ignition on for about a minuit then off then try and start it.