ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cuting out

172 turbo & BMW 1m
i was driving home last night and the engine cut out . stoped the car and tried to restart a few times but wouldnt fire up .was thinking it might be overfueling
so i sat for 5/10 mins tried it again and it started then drove fine until i put the foot down then it cut out again and i had to go through the same process to restart and drive home

any ideas what the problem could be :S
cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not too bad - about £38 for a genuine unit vs £25 for a cheapo.

Again, that's a total guess and ideally it needs a diagnostics session.

what mick said! TDC sensor!

when they start to fail as a unit they go open circuit when they get a bit hot. thats why when you let it cool down for a short while it fires back up. I had the very same problem the day i picked up my first 172 cup. turned out to be an easy fix, trade they are about £30. worth getting a genuine one. some have a different later wiring setup though so make sure you have the right loom if you are doing it yourself.