ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ball Joints?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Better going to your local motor parts place and getting one for about 9-12 quid
If it's not the right one then they can swap it for you. Job done

Revels Mum & Sister
Anymore input on these I have read the ball joints for a Megane Coupe 2.0 are the same?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
G'day, not sure if the ph2 is the same as the ph1, but go to any motor factors, ask for balljoint, they'll have two on the system, its the 12mm one.

Alternatively get them from NWP's website if you want to order online :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Got mine from NWP.

Fitted fine at the weekend, the OEM bolts fit the holes too which is a bonus...the ones that come with it are slightly too small...

Revels Mum & Sister
Cheers guys

I will get them from NWP then Ben cheers. These and Window Reg to fit at the weekend!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Good luck, its a right f**king pain.

Well it was on mine (85k, 10 years old)

Quick guide i just did

Remove the calliper via the 2 18mm bolts at the rear (the whole calliper will just come off, don’t separate it)
Remove the 16mm horizontal nut that holds the stem, remove the bolt also as this locks the stem in. Its a pain in the ass but will come off.
Remove the two 18mm nuts under the wishbone, you may need to hold the bolts on top of the wishbone with a 18mm spanner if they start to spin
Separate the ball joint from the hub with lots of force with a ball joint splitter, its a painful task but you will get there. I prised the joint apart with a big screw driver to try and free it too.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
They are right by the way, i just cross reffered the part number at work.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I got the 12mm set and the bolts were perfect, but the 12mm kit didn't come with a new pinch bolt, the 10mm kit did, one "yoink" later and it was all sorted :)

Various
Could the reason the bolts were too small be that NWP are supplying the 10mm not the 12mm?

The OEM stuff for my ph1 was 12mm.

We supply 12mm holes :) not 10mm

The bolts that came with the kit were 10mm but the holes were 12mm, thought it was odd

Most of the time they get the right bolts but they some times supply the wrong ones. You can use whats on the car.