ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 16v K4M Knocking Noise - Hydraulic Lifters

Good morning...

A few days ago I repaired the engine on my Clio. It's 1999 1.6 16v K4M 748
New intake valves, piston rings, gaskets, etc. But it's making a horrible noise coming from the upper part (valves/hydraulic lifters)

All the timing is correct, the valves were correctly placed. Also, i checked all the lifters before installing and there was no problem with them.
Can anyone help me solving this? Please check the video:

For what I searched, usually, it's solved with engine flush additive and then an oil stabilizer additive.
The car run's great and has good compression.
Thank you very much.

dan's cast offs.
hard to tell from the video but sounds bit like a noisy follower? how long was it stripped for and how long has is been ran for?

hard to tell from the video but sounds bit like a noisy follower? how long was it stripped for and how long has is been ran for?
Sorry for the bad quality of the video. It's a bit noisy... It was stripped for maintenance during last month (hydraulic lifters were off for one month). In october 2016 i changed the piston rings and head (last one broke down during a rally). Now i changed the intake valves that broke because of a faulty timing belt tensor.

It ran for almost an hour and made some 10 miles from the shop to my garage.

PS: it's a rally car, and it can't run legally in the street.. unless for an official tarmac/road rally. I'm from Portugal.