ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 16v 2004 engine

clio sport 1.2 16v
i have a clio 1.2 16v 2001 sport which engine is goosed therefore im putting a 1.2 16v 2004 engine in. im just woundering because my 1.2 was shite on fuel and also really loud so you can hear the engine inside the car while driving. is the 2004 engine going to be different?

E30 318iS x2
Who at Renault decided a 1.2 16v was a sport :slap:? Any way I would expect the reason it's loud is becuase it's fucked and not been looked after. Whether the 'new' engine is any better depends on how well that's been looked after as well.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
2004 will have a differnt throttle body setup, external type, your throttle body is internal.

clio sport 1.2 16v
Who at Renault decided a 1.2 16v was a sport :slap:? Any way I would expect the reason it's loud is becuase it's fucked and not been looked after. Whether the 'new' engine is any better depends on how well that's been looked after as well.
the log book ;)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Your throttle body is inside the inlet manifold, the newer very late 04 onward are bolted to the side of the inlet manifold. Wiring will be differnt, also injection computer was relocated behind the battery unlike yours which is bolted to the back of the engine.

Have you checked your tappets/clearances?

clio sport 1.2 16v
hmm i rang the car parts place where im getting the engine from and they asked for my reg and they said this engine will fit from 2001 to 2006 ? the engine is getting delivered tomorrow to the car repair unit :(

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Heres your one

D4F712.jpg

2004 onward engine

renault-clio-hatchback-1-2-16v-dynamique-3dr-1873637328-640x480.jpg

Bux

Golf GTD
It would fit, but it wouldn't be a straight job of taking one out and plugging the new one in.

clio sport 1.2 16v
hmm il leave it to the garage to do . not my problem lol 170 pound for engine fitted and new cambelt aswell while hes fitting it :)