ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Question

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hi,

The Mrs has got an 07 plate 1.6 Dynamique with Climate Control.
She is complaining that there is no way to turn the climate control off other than turning the fan speed down to zero but she still gets warm air coming through the vents.
She wants to know if there is anyway to turn off the Climate control and stop warm air coming through without closing the vents themselves.

Before anyone says anything I have tried to explain to her that climate control is designed to be on all the time to keep the car at the desired temperature but she wont have any of it, as her previous 05 plate dynamique climate control could be turned off.

Any Ideas
Cheers
Rob

I'm sure you can do it I forget how.

If she's complaining about the hot air when not turn the temp down on the climate then it won't pump out hot air?

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I'm sure you can do it I forget how.

If she's complaining about the hot air when not turn the temp down on the climate then it won't pump out hot air?

Lol if only she would accept a simple solution like that. Her response is "Her last Clio had the option to turn it off so this one should have too" lol

Lol if only she would accept a simple solution like that. Her response is "Her last Clio had the option to turn it off so this one should have too" lol

Have a read of the manul I'm sure it can be done.

Otherwsie wire her up a switch to the fuse box for the clmate control so she can switch the climate control power off.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen

Have a read of the manul I'm sure it can be done.

Otherwsie wire her up a switch to the fuse box for the clmate control so she can switch the climate control power off.

Lol can I just not wire her up to an on/off switch instead. :cool:

She says she has read the manual, but will try and sneak a peek myself when she is not looking

She says she has read the manual, but will try and sneak a peek myself when she is not looking

An on off switch for her might be useful but how often would you want to switch her on?

Yep I'm sure its in the manaul just tell her she mustn't have noticed the stuck together pages etc.

You see this is the reason car manurfacturers hate designing cars since they have to be the same but better and different for customers and simplier arr.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen

An on off switch for her might be useful but how often would you want to switch her on?

Yep I'm sure its in the manaul just tell her she mustn't have noticed the stuck together pages etc.

You see this is the reason car manurfacturers hate designing cars since they have to be the same but better and different for customers and simplier arr.

Tell me about it, cheers Edde you share my frustration. :S