ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking noise when braking, advice please

extreme flamer
When I first start my car, reverse it out of my driveway and drive it out of my street there seems to be a strange clicking noise from the front of my car (this is the best way I can think of to describe it) when I press my brake pedal.

It's not a repeated clicking noise, I'll press the brake pedal and it will make the noise once then it won't do it till I use the brakes again. It seems to be noisiest when I reverse down my driveway, then when I'm driving on main roads it seems to disappear so it only seems to happen when I'm driving at low speeds (about 10 mph or under).

My brakes are fine and it passed it's MOT like this, I just forgot to ask the mechanic about it when I was there, it doesn't sound like its pad/disc related the noise sounds like it's coming from inside the car.

Is there a little switch somewhere that maybe needs a bit of grease or something? As I said the brakes are fine its just quite annoying.

Car is a mk2 ph3 1.2l 16v, cheers for any ideas/advice.