ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Click noise when turning steering wheel

Vantage
I know it might be a hard question to ask as i cant show you the problem but im hoping if anyone has a idea what it could be..

everytime i turn the wheel in full lock, it sometimes makes like a clicking noise...??

any ideas?

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
im not sure how the renault system works, but on bmw they have a ribbon on the top of the steering wheel before the steering wheel. this is for the airbag so when u turn the wheel right round it doesnt loose any connections etc. we get the prob every once in a blue moon that they catch an can then tear. but they make a clicking noise when u turn more then one turn either side????? could be a lot simpler tho

difficult without being able to compare, but mine used to do this and has recently started again

i had the rack reconditioned (unrelated problem) and renewed the mounting bushes as it went back on, and the noise went for a good while - but has recently returned. don't know what it is and would be interested myself. track rods, may be?

Evo 8 MR
Could it be the tyres catching on the arches?

Mine did it on the focus when turning right after I put ST170's on it.

S2 106 GTI
Check all your steering rack bolts are tight, my 172 cup used to click just before it got to full lock, spent ages trying to find what it could be....in the end a mate checked over every nut and bolt on the subframe and steering rack - found one of the nuts was 'slightly' loose not alot though!

hope this helps!