ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning silver cars

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure I can't be the only person that feels this way about this so I want to know what you all think...

before I got the clio I have now I had a black ph2. A lot of people moan about black cars and say they're a pain to keep clean etc but I always loved cleaning it. Every time I cleaned it I always felt it was rewarding and you could really see the results. Now I have a silver mk3 and I still clean it as much as I did my previous car but It never feels the same, I never get the rewarding feeling from cleaning it like I did my black clio. I still use the same products really autoglym SRP, Meguiars Gold Class etc but it just doesn't seem the same.

anyone else feel this way? Is it purely because silver is just a bit more boring than black? Or do I need to be using a different polish / wax?

People said to me you won't miss your car being black but tbh I'd have another black car in a heartbeat!

And just because this thread would have been boring without pictures... ;)

IMAG1261_zpsff63423e.jpg

IMAG1266_zps79c898c5.jpg

IMAG1267_zps6d2aa818.jpg

Twingo GT
I have a silver twingo but still can get a great shine off it.

gute4e9e.jpg

6y4uve9y.jpg
8evage3u.jpg

Toy with different polishes etc, read up what's good for silver. I use zaino personally. It's amazing stuff.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Micro prime, sn spritz topped with sn wax finished with z8.

Werkstat & nattys blue liquid wax is slso great on silver

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
2 coats of SRP then a seal then wax worked for me.

The car is still shiny, just that you dont get the same reflections from the silver likr you do from black.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359887712081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359887712081.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359887722802.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359887722802.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 72

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Titanium is a special colour. You have to work very hard to get the best out of a standard Silver like the OP.

I find Zaino layers hard to beat on Silver. Although something simple like Tripple and Tough Coat will look great.

Prep is always the key but more so on Silver imo. Decontamination like IronX etc is required so much. Claying.

Then if you're serious about polishing, burnishing on your final finish is the way to get that final pop on your paint before Lsp.

Again if the paint was perfect swirl wise something like Werkstat Prime + Jett layers looks simply stunning.

Personally is you want something quick get some Tripple and Tough Coat.

If you want to spend so e more time Tripple plus some Z2 or Z5 layers. Takes longer but I feel it adds to the finish.

There are so many variables.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I agree with gally that prep is so, so important on silver. Tar spots show up so easily that they can really ruin the look of an otherwise clean car - mine's currently covered in spots and I've run out of Tardis.

I currently use Blackhole followed with Werkstat Acrylic and Z6. A few layers and she is nice and deep.

Clio MK 4
i found r222 wax was great. not the longest for protection but great finish. as said before though it all about the prep work.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great colour mate. Nice combo for detailing.

clio sport ph 1
I got a silver one , hate to clean the car,.
I spray it with the stuff teflon for white mobilhomes so it stays clean for a period off time.
I just use it an abuse it every day;).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Will Amigo enhance the silver flake pop, in your opinion?

It will enhance the clarity whilst adding some depth due the masking some light marring. So in an answer yes but not in the way you might think.

Cleansing the paint and de-contaminating is the important part of flake pop.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very good. Light polish will be great if not prime is fine.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
5-10% lsp the rest in the prep! Always the same! That said sealants are key with silvers, traditional would be werkstat prime and z2, the future-ceramic nano coatins can only be C.quartz!
Black ftw! If your mentally disabled which i am!

Chris

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
5-10% lsp the rest in the prep! Always the same! That said sealants are key with silvers, traditional would be werkstat prime and z2, the future-ceramic nano coatins can only be C.quartz!
Black ftw! If your mentally disabled which i am!

Chris

Lols. How anyone with even an ounce of car care love can own a Black car is beyond me. Credit to you Chris.

My first Clio was Black, way before I knew what "detailing" was, I would be mentally insane to have another Black car. Seriously they would cart me off to the loony bin.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
i've been a fan of the Kleers gear for a while, this was after a rinse, wash, rinse, paint cleanse, rinse, clay, rinse and liquid wax sealant.

252654_591595480855699_1271448860_n.jpg

Ph 1 172
this is what i use on my titanium 172 and i think it comes out look pretty good to be honest (im happy with it anyways and obviously i use more than just these 2 use a shampoo and foam as well.) just had my new tyres fitted as well so yet to put the wetlook tyre shite on forgotten the name of it now

Poorboys White Diamond Show Glaze
Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax

286468_10150727994920023_5123866_o.jpg

192940_10150727994065023_4542055_o.jpg

289079_10150727993400023_5443784_o.jpg