ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning my wheels...

GTD, Lupo
And this bloody happened!

Wheel was off the car btw!

5b550a77.jpg

Totally gutted! My dog knocked it over thinking it was a toy! Looks like it will be needing a refurb!

Is £60 a wheel a good guess at the price this will cost to get redone?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Ouch. I almost dropped a wheel today also, caught it though.

GTD, Lupo
should of put carboard or something down as a precaution, and yeah about the going rate a wheel

Yep lesson learnt :( I guess the one good thing to come out of this is the fact i might be able to get the centre caps painted for free.

GTD, Lupo
How big is the dog!

Can't imagine the wheel and tyre is a light object!!

They were up against the wall. Can only imagine she went between the wall and the wheel. Millie is a Labrador and she is pretty much on par with the weight of the wheel.

RB182cup&golf gti
Lol, know how you feel mate. Took mine off to get a puncture repaired, leaned it against the wall, turned my back and the next thing i hear it fall flat on it's face - happended in bloody slow motion.

Fiesta ST-3
Gutted mate. Just for a guide I'm getting my 17'' 197 wheels done by pristine wheels for around £70 a wheel I think.

GTD, Lupo
Gutted mate. Just for a guide I'm getting my 17'' 197 wheels done by pristine wheels for around £70 a wheel I think.

Thanks, I just had a go at it with some wet and dry then gave it a quick buff with the DA and it hasn't come up too bad. You need to look up close to notice it now but im still not happy :( There is an alloy wheel place near me, will have to pop in and see them wednesday. Other option is to wait for a single speedline to pop up and i use my damaged one as a spare.

GTD, Lupo
Come on Paul be honest you just dropped it didn't you ;)

I'd touch it up then go over it with your DA first.

I was cleaning the caliper out the back of my garden when i heard the wheel fall over. Ran into the garden to see one guilty looking dog and my wheel face down on the patio. She has done some serious time in her cage today. You will see it tomorrow and like i said its not so bad now but has gone a little gloss like from all the buffing. Think im still going to get it refurbished and hopefully get the centre caps done at the same time.