ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Advice?

I noticed will I was away my canon has grains when looking through the viewfinder on a closer look there is strans of what looks like cotton very small bits inside the camera and not the lense that are showing up, how do I clean it without killing the camera?

Thanks

And

Cupra
If you see them through the viewfinder then it is either dust on the viewfinder or on the mirror. Try and either blow it or brush it out. I wouldn't recommend blowing inside the camera body, as you will probably just end up blowing the dust closer to the sensor. Hold the camera upside down (so that gravity pulls the loose bits out of the body and not backwards towards the sensor) and use a lens pen brush on the mirror to loosen any dirt and let it fall out.

If they are also showing on photos, then the sensor will need a clean. You can do it yourself with some special kits, but I'd rather leave it to a professional to do as you can easily make it far worse too.

Another tip for cleaning, always be as gentle as you can be. I managed to remove some of the anti reflection coating on the rear element of a rather expensive lens when it was only a couple of weeks old when I got carried away with a microfibre cloth. I couldn't see the difference in any images, but I still felt pretty ill when I realised what I had done.

I am still getting bits on coming up on the pictures, I went to jessops and they wouldn't do it? so been looking at the cleaning pens on ebay? any good?

The best thing youcan do to clean your sensor is sensor swabs. Buy a pack of them (make sure theyre the right size!) and some cleaning fluid.

You then just swipe the swab across the sensor. Does a pretty good jib, although you might need to do a few passes.