ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned, silvervisions and wheels refurbed...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Got closer to sorting the car for next Sunday today, 2xEGP and P21s just for fun - will do the same again on Friday!

I'm impressed with the flake popping I'm getting, normally I find Titanium 647 difficult to get a decent flake.

wheels005.gif

wheels004.gif

wheels003.gif

Have also been refurbing my wheels over the last couple weeks. Am really please with the results for a DIY job considering it's my first attempt. Think I used too harsh a sandpaper in the early stages, so they look scratched up a bit, especially on the inside, but I like them...

Sanded and filled:

08Sanded.gif

Masked:
10MaskedUp.gif

Primered:
12Coat1Primer.gif

Finished:
26Finished.gif

They're not getting fitted until Friday, because I'm guaranteed to kerb them within hours.

Oh, and got some silvervisions for the rears...

wheels002.gif

:)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers guys. :)

I cleaned them, sanded down, used P38 to fill in all the curbing, and then sanded that down.

Then I masked them up, including the tyre valve, sprayed about 3/4 coats of primer on them and let it dry overnight. That was then wetsanded down and then I sprayed about 5/6 coats of the colour, very lightly at first and building up to thicker layers to ensure full coverage.

THEN, that was left to dry for a couple days, wetsanded down and then lacquered. About 4 coats of lacquer went on, left for about 10 days, then used a compound polish and my own wax for shine!

Have probably missed something out, but basically used "The Detailer's" guide that's on here somewhere...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
all looks good mate, mine is in the final stages of cleaning, thinks its had about 4-5 coats of EGP now...lol, its also had its first coat of natty's blue too....

the rear silvervisions look good, where did you get the bulbs from as i need some for my fronts really...

wheels look good too, will look forward to seeing them on saturday....

No more clio's for me!
Top stuff!

Skills for doing the wheels with the tyres on...it aint easy to get it just right, very well done fella :approve:

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers doods, I didn't find masking the tyres too difficult, just lots of little bits of tape right down under the rim and then larger strips of paper right around seemed to do the job. The tyre valves were buggers to get right though! There are little signs of the old silver where the tape overlapped a bit.

The P21 seems to have gone down in people's estimations in recent months with all these higher end waxes being released, but I love it for the flake pop it gives. This along with the EGP for gloss works really well IMO.

So now for Friday, all I've gotta do is wash again, change wheels over, clean under arches and maybe hammerite my calipers if I can be bothered, all trim, windows, EGP a couple times again, interior.... oh dear Lord.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol...the list goes on.....

i redone my calipers yesturday, also eleviated my squeaking problem i hope, need to get 2 new tyres fitted though and clean my arches

Clio
lovely ads, lol at not fitting them, ive been the same with my turinis, just my look to cerb them :( lol

mini cooper (RIP 172)
have you added silver flake? or is that normal? coz it looks ace, like the wheels as well:D

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, I live in a road where you have to drive on the curb to get up and down it, so these wheels aren't even touching the curb until after the weekend.

I'll park it in a car park opposite my street on the Friday night just to make sure!

And the flake in the silver is normal mate, every Titanium silver will have it, think I've got lucky with the sun today in catching it in the pictures. It's a stunning colour when clean and the sun's out.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I enjoyed doing them but I won't be doing it again anytime soon! I've not got the space at my place so it involved driving to the folks' house everyday last week, much to the annoyance of my missus and parents!

Plus, it's about £60 in materials, so would need to charge more to make it worthwhile and then you may as well pay the bit extra and go to a proper company and get a better finish. I'd say close up, it's really no more than 6 out of 10 in places, really quite scratchy. But, miles better than what they were like before!

I'm liking the colour more and more though - Peugeot Cossack Grey - it seems quite dark initially but think it'll look just right when on the car surrouded by black trim and silver paint. :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, I did: they came out blurry...

DSC00019.jpg

An yes, it's on stilts. I hadn't released the handbrake yet...

about the same arch gap can be seen on tuck's tractor.

Looks good though despite the blurred vision