ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned pics of my clio and the frp (F.a.o Gally)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Seing as it was a gorgous day today i cleaned my clio and the missus frp.
The missus frp before....
DSC00534.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

And after with mine....
DSC00540.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

And just for you Gally, enjoy!

th_MOV00545.jpg

Megane RS250
Both cars scrubbed up well, Really like the 172! proper slammed euro stylie! What colour is it going to be??

Golf GT TDI
puma looks lovely, so much more manly than the normal skinny one

clio looks good to. what colour you going for?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my it does scrub up well!

How's she liking the puma mate? A little review? What did she have before?

Look forward to seeing the finished clio aswell.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
cheers, its going to be porsche macadamia brown metallic.

She loves the puma mate, its a very good alrounder. She had a 106 gti before and it is abit quicker than that but the party piece on the frp's are the brakes and handiling. There amazing, You can really push them. Its only costing her £600 a year fully comp at 19 but for a 182 its £2000 which i really don't get. But yer it a great car. When you see one in your rear view mirror the stance looks awesome. The exhaust sounds great aswell, proper raspy with the crackels and pops on deceleration. We had a race yesterday with a random civic which had a b18 in and both on full throttle sounded insane. A must have car some point in your life. :D

Danny its far from finished yet mate, its a work in progress. Check my project thread. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily you should say that Jamie they both suffer the same fate.

Both are up there with the best handling cars in the world but they sit high.

Nobody wants to touch Trophy suspension and according to FRp owners you have to spend k's to get anywhere near the handling while going lower, like bespoke suspension, rally style.

Off the shelf kits can't replicate the handling for some reason, similar to the sach dampers maybe?

That FRP sound gives me wood Tommy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If I ever pick one up you can detail it for free! :eek:

172 Cup, Freelander
I used to have a racing puma, one of the ones with a LSD and it handled like it was on rails. Just needs another 50bhp :D

Well comfy sparcos too!!!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Lol gally i knew youd like it!

Edd, the missus hasnt got the lsd. Does it make a difference? I agree it does need to be alittle faster and it would be perfect. But i suppose on the track were it matters it would make the time up on the bends.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
iirc laps the ring quicker than a mk1 FRS, handling > speed

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
God damm you Tommy! I'm looking at these on ph just now! :(

I'm scared to own one as a daily driver! :(

I would feel it has to mint all the time ect....

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Gally buy one. There soooo much fun and hold there value very well if looked after so you wont lose any money. The missus uses hers nearly daily and its fine. Ill try and get her to bring it to fcs so you can have a look.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
One sold for 9k on ph the other day, wasn't up for long!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
The missus frp is worth £7,000. You can get frp with 70,000ish miles on for around £5,000 - £6,000 depending on condition/history

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I found one clean in Coalford, dealer for 7k 58,000 miles and in cracking condition!
Seats and steering wheel look like they ahve never been touched.

Do I really want finance tho!

172 Cup, Freelander
Alright Tommy, I don't reckon there's that much difference in the real world. I think they only made 75 with the LSD. Will have a little yellow dot on end of gearbox if does.

Love the rat wagon by the way! :cool:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Think it's just you.

I sent an email for more pictures and a question about the brakes as they are silver but it's tidy and no.160!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Think it's just you.

I sent an email for more pictures and a question about the brakes as they are silver but it's tidy and no.160!

Best bet is to see if its been at pumabuild. I swear he pretty much remembers each one that comes in. Plus he datas/inspects each one that comes in. Ask for Alan.;)

Dan i work for a Daf truck dealership and on some of our models they came with the washer jets on the arms so i have one of those on my arm. Its a very stealthy mod which nobody spots ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Aw thanks Tommy that's much appreciated, it had the belts done not long ago so could have been pumabuild or no doubt he's seen it.

I'll ask over on pumapeople aswell.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Aw thanks Tommy that's much appreciated, it had the belts done not long ago so could have been pumabuild or no doubt he's seen it.

I'll ask over on pumapeople aswell.

No worries mate. The first thing we did was took it down pumabuild and had the cambelt done. I think it was only £250 inc vat and parts. Well worth it for peice of mind and Alan does a full check over aswell.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
The major thing to look out for thou when buying an frp is to make sure the front calipers have been serviced very regulary. If not looked after they will need a rebuild and it can be pricey.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah yes those pesky Alcons! My brother and Dad are both Ford master technicians.

Nothing is out of their league when it comes to Ford so they would be coming to look at it. It's also the reason for wanting to buy another Ford, makes sense.

I always said I couldn't have one as a daily and I didn't want finance or a loan again but the one i've seen has got me thinking big time!

Just waiting on another email back.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love the FRP! You know it makes sence to get one Gally ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Ah yes those pesky Alcons! My brother and Dad are both Ford master technicians.

Nothing is out of their league when it comes to Ford so they would be coming to look at it. It's also the reason for wanting to buy another Ford, makes sense.

I always said I couldn't have one as a daily and I didn't want finance or a loan again but the one i've seen has got me thinking big time!

Just waiting on another email back.

Sounds great mate youl have to keep me posted. If you get one make sure you get a miltek system. ;)

Cheers Dave, well ive decided to get all of the work i wanted doing before i get the respray done. Im having my door popper fitted next wensday so i can fully smooth the drivers door. Im also having my non sunroof roof panel fitted and the ariel hole plated and filled. After that the rear arches are being flared and the petrol cap relocated and the fuel cap recess plated and smoothed. That work will all be done be latest setember. From then i will be saving for the respray.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The guy seems to have fitted a drainpipe to no.160!

ford-puma-coupe-petrol_977280.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nice pics :)

Get cracking with that 172, looks like you went too far with the old T-Cut lol ;)