ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 172 rep (Something special for fcs!)

More poke than viagr
Re: Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 (Doors fully smoothed and new daily drive!)

I think its because the ronals are quite common and this needs something a bit special i think :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 (Doors fully smoothed and new daily drive!)

UPDATEE!

progress from today...
Ive got the car down the unit ready for tomorow :D Ill post up the progress pics in stages after fcs. Just a couple of teaser pics from tonight..
DSC00565.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

I will not reveal whats being done so dont ask :rasp:!

S23

The Cleee-O
Dudeee! This is looking sa-weeeet. I wanna see this in the metal! Even with spacing and that on the Ronals though, I reckon you need some RM's on this. The R10's just aren't wide enough for the presence the body of the cars gonna have on it. The flat spokes on RM's will suit the car better, plus they're not as common as RS's :rasp:. Nah but seriously dude, loving the current state in the last picture too ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Cheers mate, i hope youl like the end product at fcs :D
Rs's are on the cards but not till later. Once im finished on sunday im going to have a break from spending and treat myself lol.
But then ill be back on it! ;)

S23

The Cleee-O
Awesome! Yea I'm not sure if I'm coming up to FCS anymore :dapprove: but if I am then deffinately be nice to meet you and that and chat about your plans (you know you want to share them with me ;)) Ha. :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Updatee!!!!

Right then now im back from fcs i can reveal what I’ve been up to this week. It has not been fun but the end product im very happy with.

So I decided to have it vinyl wrapped! It was all stripped down and prepped and then the fun began. I had one of my mates (vinyl wraps on the side) with one of his mates on it. I had to get the front bumper and mirrors sprayed at work as they would have had to many joins in and would have looked crap. It took from 8am-7pm to finish last Sunday.
Here’s the stages in pics...
DSC00568.jpg

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

I also got some black dice caps from egay as some scroat nicked mine and a oem+ sticker.
DSC00582.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

And a couple of pics of her at fcs….
DSC00599.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

If anyone has any pics of it at fcs please feel frr to post them in here ;)

She is going up for sale as from now so if you’re interested please pm me. I am moving back to the world of track/fast road cars and looking at 106 gti’s again. Thank you to everyone who has followed my thread and for the motivation. I will start a new progress blog with whatever I have next.

Thanks Tommy.

Ibiza FR
Looks pretty good, although after having a close look at FCS, the finish isn't great imo. I would loved to have seen it in the brown paint in a mag after all this effort went in to it! seems like it just fell at the last few hurdles.. fair play though!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
cheers guys.

mitch were my mate had to do it (off the books) was in a barn and it wasnt dust controlled so the finish wasnt going to brilliant. I got the vinyl wrap at a very good price. They usally cost £1000 but i paid half that. I was planning on selling it anyway as i want a track car but thought if i spend £2000+ on a respray it will only eat at money i can get back from selling the car. At least i can sell it as a complete car now and not a project. I don't regret having it done or even having the clio as a project its just i think its time for me to move on. It will be a very good canvas for the next buyer.

Ibiza FR
I totally understand where your coming from, would have looked mint though! hope the buyer continues and does it justice! Took me a while to find it today though lol

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
lol cheers mate.
I really hope the next owner carrys her on to mag feature level. It has easily the potential there.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Looks wicked; defiantly one of my favorite cars from today!

And this was only mid-way through your epic cleaning sesh! lol!

4696458148_64d704728a.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Thanks adz for the pics :D

chrispy carnt wait to get on track. ;)

Cheers Oli, that cleaning sesh was lonnnnnggggg! My back hurts :cry:

Time for a few :sleepy:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
WOW, love it. Gotta come and have a look now its done! Now its black i personally think that it is the only colour for it. At the time brown sounded great, but now its black its perfect.

So whats next?

alien green rs133
saw this today, didnt even click on it was this car lol..

though someone had ruined a 172 with ronals haha

i need a runabout.

pm price.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
looked awesome today man. Didn't even recognise it!!

Cheers mate, yours looked nice and lowww :cool:

WOW, love it. Gotta come and have a look now its done! Now its black i personally think that it is the only colour for it. At the time brown sounded great, but now its black its perfect.

So whats next?

Cheers will, im selling it to move back into track cars. Ive had a few stripped cars and love the rawness. I miss it alot. I will be getting a 106 gti again and it will be a track ****/daily.

saw this today, didnt even click on it was this car lol..

though someone had ruined a 172 with ronals haha

i need a runabout.

pm price.

Lol's im after £3000 mate. If you look in the for sale section the full spec is in there ;)

Looks awesome, what are those rear lights? FK's?

thanks mate, yer there fk rear lights. Get some they look sweet at night when lit up! :D

TTRS & V50
Cracking mate, so glad you finished it off in the end. Looks quality, got a couple of pics in my FCS thread. Good luck on the sale i'm sure you will have no bother now.

S23

The Cleee-O
Didn't recognise it at first yesterday dude. But it did look epic. Nice to see it completed as well, it's obvious the amount of work that's gone into it, and it all adds up to an awesome package that you should be proud of. :) Good luck 106 hunting too man :D

P.S. - The stance looked so much better in person then in previous fotos. Looks nice and low ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic Tommy well played!

Almost as good looking as your missus car! :eek:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
cheers kingy :D

thanks for the pic karl.

tsdhesi, yer not blue mate. keep an eye out for it round leicester.