ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean Up!

GTD, Lupo
I'm by no means a pro car cleaner so any pointers from the pros would be nice.

Gave my wife's cars a good clean this weekend. Having purchased it just before the new year this has been the first good chance to give it a good going over.

OK well here is the car, it has covered a little over 800 miles since we got it so its not too bad, just needed a good decontaminating and some protection.

DSC_0022_zps8109f8dd.jpg

DSC_0024_zpsf83cb2b6.jpg

DSC_0023_zps4d2f441d.jpg

DSC_0025_zps5b7cff1f.jpg

Car was snow foamed with Car pro PH neutral snow foam and left to dwell for 15mins while I tackled all the hard to get places with some apc and a swissvax brush

DSC_0026_zpsf37358a8.jpg

Rinsed off and the wheels and bodywork were given a going over with some Ironx, rinsed again and given a dust down with some Tardis.

DSC_0030_zps37ac4f5d.jpg

Snow foamed again then dried with a selection of big blue towels.

DSC_0031_zps3be75450.jpg

Car dried off, I moved it indoors and masked up for a blast over with the DA, blue 3m pad and some Primary Amigo. Still my favourite product.

DSC_0033_zps08b7ecd6.jpg

I got a little bored of taking pictures after this and just cracked on.

The car was given a 2 coats of Z2 and then given a final spray down with Z8.

Plastics were treated with AF Revive.
Windows polished with G|techniq G4 then coated with G1
Wheels sealed with Finish Kare 1000P
Tires dressed with Zaino Z16

Anyway here is the finished result.

DSC_0045_zps262f0e0c.jpg

DSC_0050_zps9430d8b0.jpg

DSC_0053_zps889f491e.jpg

In try CS style I fitted some Silvervisions.

Thanks for looking guys.

GTD, Lupo
Thanks guys, i know its not to everyones tastes but the 200 has taken a back seat to this over the last month. It return 50-55 mpg and has heated seats so no need to wait for the engine to warm up.

Im just waiting for the day she has curbed the wheels or pranged it in a car park. :eek:

GTD, Lupo
I love it! Personally i dont think think im good enough yet to start full on paint correction and i would most probably cause more damage than good but by DA it fills all the small swirl marks so well. Plus it leaves the paint really smooth. This is the first black car i have used it on but it made the black a lot blacker if you know what i mean?!? :S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What are your thoughts on amigo by DA? Used it by hand yesterday and wasn't overly impressed.

It comes alive via DA Dave. Honestly. By hand doesn't work well at filling or working in imo.

The UP looks stunning. For all the time it took you to go over that and it looks better than new. For about 5 minutes of course.

I have a new bottle of Z5 coming. Always was a big fan especially on Reds.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Working by hand reminded me a little of hd cleanse, dried very quickly but did give a deepened darker glow. Satsuma rock spread very nicely over the top

Different product via DA Dave.

Got my new place sorted so going to have more time at the weekends (no traveling to spend it with the missus)/space to bring my products down south. We'll put a date in the dairy for a coffee and chat/product swap etc.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Great job massive transformation.

I actually like the car too. Randomly the wheels just for the old school 80s look

GTD, Lupo
Thanks guys, the wheels are very marmite. Im on the lookout for a nice set of split rims (RS`s RM`s TH Modernlines) but i just dont know if i can trust the wife. Radinox dishies might be an idea.