ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clayed the trophy

Clio 182
Gave my car a little clean :)

Tried some chemical guys stuff on the wheels and was pretty impressed, then gave the car a wash then used a clay bar on it then finished off with some wax. Clay bar picked up quite alot of crap :eek:

IMG_0006.jpg

Pic of recent refurb i had on the wheels ^^^^^

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really needs polished after claying mate, clay can marr paintowrk quite easily polishing is really a major part of getting that flat glass like effect after waxing.

Megane 230 R26
Looking good, I highly recommend claying the Trophy over crashing it :approve:

The end result is a lot more asthetically pleasing :S

Clio 172 cup
Polishing and waxing are two completely different things. You really aught to polish first then seal, then wax. Although missing out the sealant part isn't that detrimental. lol

It would be pointless polishing it now though as you'd just end up removing the wax instead of cutting into the laquer.

Megane 230 R26
I did hear about that, are you alright ?

How did you hear about that?! LOL...

Yeah I'm fine I'll post a thread about it at some point, was only a 15mph impact if that, didn't even set off any airbags, pretensioners or trigger the fuel cut-off. Was just a really small overlap that smashed through the plastic bumper totally missing the metal crash beam and all the force went through the wheel and suspension :dapprove:

How did you hear about that?! LOL...

Yeah I'm fine I'll post a thread about it at some point, was only a 15mph impact if that, didn't even set off any airbags, pretensioners or trigger the fuel cut-off. Was just a really small overlap that smashed through the plastic bumper totally missing the metal crash beam and all the force went through the wheel and suspension :dapprove:

It came in convo with someone last week. I understand its a 230 next ?

Megane 230 R26
It came in convo with someone last week. I understand its a 230 next ?

Next to own or next to crash? Just the former hopefully, I've now had a total of ONE accident in my life and intend to keep it that way...

Yeah I picked up a Deep Black R26 from Allvehicles yesterday, will post a thread about that too in due course, loving it so far :approve: Have sent you a PM about crash don't wanna invade this chap's thread too much ;)

Last edited:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
trophy suspension is good but nothing like a decent set of coilovers..? no?

Trophy suspensions better that "decent" coilovers. And better than most coilovers for Road use. Only High end stuff will beat it on track.

Last edited:
  Clio MK 4
i dont bother drying. once rinsed after wash i go straight onto the clay with QD. Could be wrong but it saves a bit of time.

S2 106 GTI
whats a good polish, sealant and wax?

I have dodo wax which I use and it brings out a really good shine

Clio 172 cup
For a beginner, Autoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP) and Extra Gloss Protection (EGP) act well together as a polish/sealant combo. Wax is down to preference but your Dodo Juice stuff should be more that up to the job.

Ps. There's a lot more info on this in the detailing section.