ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clanging from the bottom end - phase2 172...oops

RB 182
After doing a sprint day at Curborough about half way round my first timed lap the engine gave way. It still drives but makes a clanging noise when revved.
I trailered it back home and will need it inspecting but has anyone know of what it's likely to be, and what can I do to increase the robustness of the bottom end?

any help appreciated

RB 182
Spun a bearing, A knocking noise yeah?

Has it been run Low on oil

not since I've had it although when I bought it I had to change the sump as it had a crack in it..hmm a story is unfolding..

so does this mean just new bearings do you think..?

Dodgy one
not since I've had it although when I bought it I had to change the sump as it had a crack in it..hmm a story is unfolding..

so does this mean just new bearings do you think..?

Its hard to say there are so many possiblilities You could end up needing a new crank if its bad

RB 182
Its hard to say there are so many possiblilities You could end up needing a new crank if its bad

I guess its a case of opening it up and assessing the damage.. do many people bother getting things balanced lightened or hardened..? as now would be a good time if its worth while

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just squeeze a meg 225 lump in there :) for the price it could cost for a full gasket set and any machining work thats required, an engine swap might be the cheaper option.