ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chris' 182

clio 182
hi all quite new to this forum. learnt a lot already and plan to build that knowledge and improve my car!

I'm 22, live in southport in the north west.

bought the car about 2 weeks ago, 47000 miles on the clock which seems to be a steal for it's age.

when purchased it already had a Scorpio exhaust system, lowered 30mm on konis springs and adjustable shocks, and also had a badly fitted pipercross viper.

once purchased I tidied up the viper and connected the cold air feed which was just dangling lose.

here's the engine bay now cleaned and neatened up a little!

egupy4am.jpg

I have cleaned the car inside and out and it's looking fab!

a6ypaset.jpg

u9uvagav.jpg

I have already renewed the front discs and pads to brembo max HC discs and mintex 1144 pads, these were an excellent Prichard which I am very pleased with. Rear discs and pads have been order and I await the delivery. supplied by G 172, great guy very helpful and replied and sent good very fast.

I have fitted an AUX cable will try to remember to get a picture. supplied by MT AUDIO also fast reply and postage.

I have purchased an RS badge for the boot and I will debadge it leaving just the RS badge. This and the renault badges will be sprayed black. I also will have the wheels pained black.

I also aim to buy a red samco silicone elbow for the piper cross, red goodridge braided hoses, a battery cover, and red magnecor leads in the next few weeks. Also paint my brake callipers red.

keep an eye out for updates :)

cheers, chris

clio 182
so I have just finished bedding my breaks in. wow what a difference they have made!

when I got the car the brakes were worse than anything I had ever driven, due to the car being stood still for a long time before I got my hands on her. here's an example

gabu4a2y.jpg

so I ordered -
front: brembo max hc discs, mintex m1144 pads
rear: OEM discs, mintex pads

y5ahymag.jpg

bydyvu8a.jpg

ejysytys.jpg

adegy4yp.jpg

brakes are bedding in now and feel amazing! awaiting payday to purchase some red braided lines and then I will bleed my system and fill it with super blue racing brake fluid.

clio 182
just been debadging this evening.

sara6yjy.jpg

ydy5y4e9.jpg

the clio badge has been left on until I decide whether to spray my RS badge along with my renault diamonds and front door 2.0 16v badges.

clio 182
finally got around to starting my rear exhaust hangers, fitted my left one leaving my right one to do tomorrow night!

ujabe7ym.jpg

I used powerflex universal exhaust mounts and a 12mm drill bit, also holding them in place with metal cable ties.

I will upload a picture of the final product showing how the exhaust hangs but at the minute it's dead central with 1 powerflex and 1 old perishing OEM mount

clio 182
tonight I finished if the debadging and put my RS one on, I love the look of it!

vubetaja.jpg

had a great drive out tonight also, stopped off at a canal for a BBQ and I took this..,

asa5a7ag.jpg

clio 182
so I went to Anglesey this weekend for a nice ride out and to go camping! I had a great drive down with my friend who had 197. after parking up and going for a walk we set off and After a few minutes I noticed my brakes go a lot spongier and I heard a grinding noise, I stopped and got out to see my rear pad had fallen out! my slave cylinder was rubbing against my disc, so that was me out of the game all weekend which ended in getting a ride home :(

bu4ymu8e.jpg

after inspection and speaking to a mechanic I figured I needed a new rear calliper! due to being very busy at work I left it with the mechanic to sort out!

along with this my lines and fluid were done, out with the old in with the new!

e4ysyme3.jpg

so I just picked my car up...

the braided lines do make a difference IMO and my brakes feel great!

managed to purchase an OMP front strut brace off here for £40 excluding postage.

awaiting arrival of my samco red elbow also, once arrived and fitted picture will be posted if this and my strut brace!

next purchase will be tires... open to all suggestions

clio 182
still waiting on my samco elbow, only found out they are made to order but it should be here on the 8th!

got my hands on an OMP strut brace which im pleased with, paid £50 inc postage

ba7a8a5e.jpg

also fitted tinted side repeaters and my heko wind deflectors

7u7uvy5u.jpg

next job is paint my bullets and renault badges, and get some tires ordered. just finding a price, i have decided to go with yokohama AD08R in 205/45/16

clio 182
got my hands on a set of turinis :D 2 perfect alloys, 2 with very small bubbling in very limited areas of alloy! but I'm pleased with them and they look very well I think!

here's a few pics anyway

7ujugy2e.jpg

yhede9u6.jpg

ragu5ugy.jpg

im very pleased with my car currently! love going for drives every single night hope it never wears off

clio 182
finally got my strut brace fitted, samco elbow and cold air feed!

also got a carbon battery cover on it's way!

uvu4a9uv.jpg

next job is to get my callipers painted red and get my inlets polished

clio 182
just my luck that I have her a clean and then it started spitting!

54472dc73a667ea845dd39f2355743d1.jpg

02691628edba0bf534dbaa18ec1bf08c.jpg

callipers getting painted red this week ready for a car meet on Thursday in Preston! then time to save up for some bigger mods! any suggestions? I'm definitely going to be putting on the 197 front brembo brakes. Also thinking cams, polished inlets and a remap?

clio 182
How come you're going for brembos after just upgrading yours? Just for the size behind the wheels or something? :)

Car looks lovely man

no time soon will the brakes be done, just probably start of next summer I'm thinking upgrade the braking power before upgrading engine power!

thanks I appreciate the feedback :)

Looks good, I like the changes.

I had the Brembo's put on this week and they're a good upgrade. Looking forward to see how they stand up to a track day. Found the travel between the initial bite of the brakes and them being fully applied is longer though. I'm considering a 197 master cylinder to solve this but after a week or two I might get used to it. Worth thinking about if you're looking into the upgrade.

clio 182
Looks good, I like the changes.

I had the Brembo's put on this week and they're a good upgrade. Looking forward to see how they stand up to a track day. Found the travel between the initial bite of the brakes and them being fully applied is longer though. I'm considering a 197 master cylinder to solve this but after a week or two I might get used to it. Worth thinking about if you're looking into the upgrade.

exactly what I was looking for, some positive feedback! sounds great man and sounds right about the 197 cylinder too but as you say you might get use to it! look forward to finding out in a couple of weeks so hope you don't mind if I drop you a message seeing how they are getting on!?

clio 182
02360679c3367136a2864360b0f3f594.jpg

callipers went red last week, still going to give then another coat but I go to America Sunday so it's not on the top of my priority list!

time to get saving for my brembo front callipers, also I have decided I want to run 438 cams, get a matched inlet and a remap ready for next year!

clio 182
car went in for it's MOT, advisory on a weld on my exhaust and my tracking was done! so took her for a soon to the lakes with my friend and his s3! great drive out had a good blast around!

7de8a77b9dd4a7edce1ab33e44089ac3.jpg

BG182 FF
Hi mate. Where did you get the cold air feed red hose from which connects to the bottom of the enclosed air filter? Thanks

clio 182
Hi mate. Where did you get the cold air feed red hose from which connects to the bottom of the enclosed air filter? Thanks

just off eBay mate measure what size you need and just search away! it was only £10 I think but does the job, better than the old one that had holes in it anyway

clio 182
not been up to much recently other than work! ordered some new sidelight bulbs and fitted them, love the transformation!

5b7e544f62ca7f5d6614078cac5a15d7.jpg

just ordered some silvatec indicator bulbs so will be fitting them soon!

new tires are coming for Christmas also! merry Christmas to me and the mrs (the clio)

Clio 182
not been up to much recently other than work! ordered some new sidelight bulbs and fitted them, love the transformation!

5b7e544f62ca7f5d6614078cac5a15d7.jpg

just ordered some silvatec indicator bulbs so will be fitting them soon!

new tires are coming for Christmas also! merry Christmas to me and the mrs (the clio)
Hi mate sidelight bulbs looking good have you got the link to buy them?