ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip's Tesco value cup project

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Could you get a couple of pics of the roof scoop chip, I need one for mine and actually prefer that style to the Clio cup ones.

172 Ph1
I noticed the scoop looked nice and neat ,
Where is this one on the drivers side window chip - not seen that before. ?

I've just looked that bit closer . Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410678577.397892.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeh. Poly carbs in sunlight aren't fun. Mapping a car in sunlight on the rollers with no opening windows was utter HELL. I lost half my body weight through sweat that day.

Thats why you should do what I do and find some mug to drive it on the rollers while you sit in the cool breeze at the side to map it...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This forum really is retarded at times with that filter.

anything you can do to fix the link Nik ?

like change the filter to look for a leading space so it doesn't do it in the middle of words?

would help people from Scunthorpe too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I take back the roof vent as I thought it was a stick on effort.. not functional!

Look forward to videos :)

Flol @ thinking mitch or me would put some random stuck on scoop that didnt do anything.

Videos of it going mossy are about all I can manage for a while I am afraid, abandoned for a bit now!

172, Tiguan
Ah right, so you're the guy that prevented me from having the perspex windows even though I'd agreed a price! That's happened before! ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah right, so you're the guy that prevented me from having the perspex windows even though I'd agreed a price! That's happened before! ;)

Dont know mate, I bought it from CSOC, so didnt see any discussions that might have been going on here on CS.

I just said I wanted to buy the shell and cage and windows all as a job lot, I cant comment on anyone who expressed interest in anything else as I know nothing about any other offers mitch might have had.
I guess it was more attractive for him to sell the lot in one go than to have to separate it if you were negotiating for just the windows?

172, Tiguan
Oh for sure - and I don't blame him tbh.

The windows were listed as a seperate sale on CSOC and here. I was in the area last weekend so I said i'd have them. I'll probably end up buying a new set tbh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think just N/A for now mate. Currently stripping it back to the shell, enjoying that alone!

Cool :)

A good turbo track cup would be brilliant though.

Yeah I am hoping this will be a really good car when its finished.

Current thinking of spec is 300bhp turbo with 6 speed box and LSD, and AST shocks, with 6 pot brakes.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Charged clio? would be more work but something different, food for thought

Ive no interest in that, I think turbo is a better option than supercharged, and I am far more interested in it working how I want to than in being different.

If I wanted to be different, I wouldnt have a stripped blue cup, thats the least original thing ever, LOL

If I want to be different, I will take out the mid engined saab powered nova instead, this car I just want to work well, not interest anyone other than me just for the sake of being different.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not going to lie. SC isn't exactly original anyway.

True enough, Ive been in a few personally, so they are definitely out there, although they are still far less common than turbos.

But the reason turbo conversions are so popular, is they work so well.

Also, I still have the turbo engine from my ph1, so the cost to me is really negligable to do this, literally just need to bore a 197 block so it bolts to the box I am now using (R26 one) and then bolt the engine back together, where as I would have to spend a lot of money to supercharge, just to make it what I feel is a worse car afterwards.

Ive no interest in that, I think turbo is a better option than supercharged, and I am far more interested in it working how I want to than in being different.

If I wanted to be different, I wouldnt have a stripped blue cup, thats the least original thing ever, LOL

If I want to be different, I will take out the mid engined saab powered nova instead, this car I just want to work well, not interest anyone other than me just for the sake of being different.
Ahh fair play, I didn't no you already had a turbo engine :) personally I love the sound of a whining supercharger I no they need power to make power apart from that i no nothing else lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ahh fair play, I didn't no you already had a turbo engine :) personally I love the sound of a whining supercharger I no they need power to make power apart from that i no nothing else lol

thats true of a turbo too, it still gives just as much in the way of parasitic losses anyway as although its not on a belt it massively increases exhaust back pressure which in turn saps power from the engine.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Find yourself an evo turbocharger mate, flanges are easy enough to make yourself a twin scroll manifold. Great spool, transient and should be able to perform in the region of 300-350bhp

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Find yourself an evo turbocharger mate, flanges are easy enough to make yourself a twin scroll manifold. Great spool, transient and should be able to perform in the region of 300-350bhp

No need, I have a focus RS one upgraded with a billet compressor wheel that will do the same sort of power (well it would do more but I only want 300) and although the twin scroll would pick up slightly sooner, this one picks up more than quick enough for what I use anyway so that would be no advantage to me, and would mean new manifold and downpipe etc just to not gain anything useful, plus the one I have is brand new as well.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
No need, I have a focus RS one upgraded with a billet compressor wheel that will do the same sort of power (well it would do more but I only want 300) and although the twin scroll would pick up slightly sooner, this one picks up more than quick enough for what I use anyway so that would be no advantage to me, and would mean new manifold and downpipe etc just to not gain anything useful, plus the one I have is brand new as well.

fair enough mate, i understand! :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Sure you don't want me to lend you a little one? Good for about 2300bhp?

$%28KGrHqVHJBUE7%298Q49oGBPBWuZ7SV!~~60_35.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks like this will be a good project.

Have you found an R26 box? I'm selling my R26 engine block, manifolds etc

Move found an r26 box yeah although it needs a rebuild but at least I can use it to mock up.
Don't need any engine bits thanks mate. Have everything for that side of it other than injectors and intercooler pretty much.

Getting the shafts sorted on the ph1 197/172 conversion first then once that is on the road (hoping for November sometime) and has done a few miles to prove all ok I will start on the cup soon after so hoping to start on it about Xmas time ideally.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I have some 575cc deka's if you like? They've only been used for 1000km when i decided to fit 630's

Status
Not open for further replies.