ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipped Windscreen

Driving home today a stone flew up and chiped my windscreen on my 182 almost at eye level on the drivers side. It is not a big chip but has a couple of small crack lines coming from it? Anyone know if this can be repaired or would it be better replaced? (don't really want to replace screen tho)
If repair possible has anyone had thier windscreen repaired? Just wondering what sort of results you get and whether or not it looks better or does it just stop the chip getting worse? And who did you get to do the repair, any recommendations or places to avoid?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated?
Thanks Emily

just get the guys to come out for free if you have fully comp,if the crack gets worse once repaired,they will replace it and pay your windscreen excess

Lots of Alfas
Ring your insurance company and they will put you trhough to someone like rac windscreens, they will fix it for free as long as your fully comp, however iirc if its bigger than a 5p they will replace the whole windscreen. Depening on your insurance its normally around £70-100 excess.

Thanks for advice, am going to Autoglass tomorrow, hope screen can be saved. Had a few probs with my old 182 when i had the screen replaced, the rubber strip that goes between screen and the roof never went back very well, despite replacing it twice and was all wavy instead of nice and flush. That could possibly be down to the fact that the roof was previously damaged when it got hit by a forklift when it was parked at work (it was all repaired to a good standard tho) but I don't really know if that would make a difference? Nobody else had the same problem with the rubber strip then when you've had to have the screen replaced?