ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chewing discs

black 172 phase1
gday
i have some cl pads and brembo discs but seem to barely get 2 track days out of them i was thinking of going to willwoods to run a less agressive pad to save disc wear any thoughts on the issue or willwoods

172 Track Car
Discs are cheap if you are using brembo HC discs. My advice would be get some better brake cooling and clean out the grooves I the pads at the end of each day.

172 Phase 1
Get the brakes hotter, sintered pads chew thru discs when there too cold. I have the rc6 pads disc wear is not an issue. That's with el cheapo discs aswell. Do the pads look at all overheated?

black 172 phase1
yea its the willwood kit, brakes do get pretty hot, its a trackday and they get stood on im talking about wiping slots of the hc discs in roughly one track day so its pretty hard to clean them once there gone got some brake cooling on there i dont live in england either where its colder temps im in australia

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
yea its the willwood kit, brakes do get pretty hot, its a trackday and they get stood on im talking about wiping slots of the hc discs in roughly one track day so its pretty hard to clean them once there gone got some brake cooling on there i dont live in england either where its colder temps im in australia

If say you run a DS2500 pads with the willwoods your discs will last longer. But £700 ( the price of the willwood 4 pots) buys a lot of Brembo HC discs.