ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Checking oil in a 1.2

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen under the bonnet of a car about twice in my life, and I've never checked the oil in my car since I've got it. Where is my dipstick located and how do I check it?

Also, if anyone has some suggestions of which oil is decent and a decent price then let me know.

Cheers, Rob.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh, I was looking at that but as I said I have no idea about engines or anythnig like that.

Where do I put the oil in then?

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
leave engine for about 20 mins /half hour after use to allow the oil to drain back to the sump, pull out dip stick (yellow handled thing) wipe clean with a rag put it back in make sure its in correctly and pull out again to get a clear reading if its between the bottom and top notch its fine, bottom being minimum top being max

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I swear this comes up in the theory as well as practical?

:s
It didn't come up in either of mine and I passed first time with two minors so please don't try and be clever. :)

I just genuinely don't have a clue about anything mechanical on cars.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Sorry if it came across that way...

I just thought you had to know as part of the test.

Ps. 1 minor. ;)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
You do need to know it. Its one of the practical questions that they can choose from to ask you..
He obviously didnt get asked tho =\