ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest tyres

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

Hi,

Pretty soon im gonna ditch my standard 1.6 16v alloys and put on my old set of 15" Softline alloys i used to have on my 1.4 rt. Thing is, the alloys need 4 new tyres so in the efforts of keeping the price down, does anyone know a good place (either on the net or in Yorkshire) that does cheap tyres, and fits them to alloys,balances them etc?

Cheapest 195x45x15s I can find at minute are about £43 inc vat but thats just to buy them. Its extra for delivery - and then theres the added cost of getting them fitted to the rims and then on the car and tracked/balanced. arggh!

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Daz

£190.35 for Toyos at the minute. Fitting from £5 per tyre. Where are you from?
Thats £47.58 per tyre.

[Edited by KEV@POWARTEK.CO on 10 August 2004 at 10:33am]

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by KEV@POWARTEK.CO on 10 August 2004

£190.35 for Toyos at the minute. Fitting from £5 per tyre. Where are you from?
Thats £47.58 per tyre.

[Edited by KEV@POWARTEK.CO on 10 August 2004 at 10:33am]
Hey Kev is that proxsis TS-1s?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 10 August 2004

Id get some good tyres tho.. dont want cheap ones..
Agreed. Only accept tyres that are black and circular. If not - JUST WALK AWAY :D

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 10 August 2004

Toyos?

Im glad I didnt have Toyos on Williams this morning with the rain.. Heh.
why? they make driving in the rain a unique experience ;)

Haha. Everyone was going slow.. took me 20mins more.. lots of big puddles and one flooded bit.. I was going through slow in middle of road with other people.. and people coming other way were flying through and drenching me.

My 1.2 has Toyos on the front.. they definetly do make for an interesting journey..

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

Which one would you get?

TOPSummer tyres

With mytyres.co.uk only £ 34,60

http://www.sicherbestellen.de/cgi-bin/reifendirekt.pl?add_to_cart=Bestellen&cart_id=4950405.25416&P-ID=&language=&4B-D3280934.60TOP+top+quality+195%2F45+R15+78V+So40=1&ranzahl=4&dsco=10 onmouseout=window.status= ; return true; onmouseover=window.status= Ordering: TOP top quality 195/45 R15 78V ; return true;">

The proposed tyres could achieve higher speeds than those you are searching for. You can use these tyres without any hesitation

Kumho
Summer tyres

With mytyres.co.uk only £ 34,90

http://www.sicherbestellen.de/cgi-bin/reifendirekt.pl?add_to_cart=Bestellen&cart_id=4950405.25416&P-ID=&language=&4KH_568034.90Kumho+712+195%2F45+R15+78V+So271=1&ranzahl=4&dsco=10 onmouseout=window.status= ; return true; onmouseover=window.status= Ordering: Kumho 712 195/45 R15 78V ; return true;">

The proposed tyres could achieve higher speeds than those you are searching for. You can use these tyres without any hesitation

[Edited by daz_uk on 10 August 2004 at 10:57am]

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

lol!

ok, which one would you get if you were on a budget (as i am)?

Are they that bad? And if so - whats so bad.

Cheers!

Daz

Kumhos probably.. but they are Summer Tyres.. dunno what theyd be like in the rain/snow etc..

I dunno what Toyos compare like to the cheaper tyres.. but, with tyres, Id pay a bit more.. they are the only things which keep you on the road really, heh.

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

bearing in mind im not gonna be racing around like a nutter - they are just to give good grip in wet & dry and to be durable. Im on a budget!

Oh, if i got the tyres, how much would a garage usually charge (on average) to fit them to alloys, then balance them, and then mount on vehicle and track them?

Cheers!

Daz

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

anyone know best place in York to get stuff like that done? Ive heard Great North-Eastern Tyres are meant to be good?

Im budgeting max £200 to buy all 4 tyres, then fitted to alloys, balanced and tracked.

Cheers!

Daz

Well, go into some tyre places and get a price.

Online places are cheap.. but after delivery and fitting, they tend not to be. I was quoted £51.99 I think on some Michelin Primacys fitted (195/50/15) from Brittania Tyres.. which, is cheaper than mytyres etc.. after delivery then the £5/£10 to get them fitted!

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

ok lads thx!

One more thing. My exhaust was fitted just before I bought it and looks like a normal backbox. However, the pipe angles downwards at the end as most tend to do i guess. Thing is, if i wanted to just get a tailpipe (for cosmetic ONLY and NOT a noisy one at all) then how would i fit this? All the pics i see of the tailpipes look straight and if i put them on they would point more or less down toward the floor!!

I may be being incredibly thick but whats the point being ashamed of not knowing something eh? I mean, we all have our strengths ,and boy - the things I can do with a tub of vaseline and a carrot make the mind boggle.......Did i just say that out loud?

Cue end of backbox off and bolt it on..

Before I changed my backbox on 1.2, I just put a trim on.. didnt cut it tho, and yea.. it pointed at the floor.. (but it looked better cus it was shiny)