ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest track tyres

clio 172 Focus RSMK1
Hi guys. Have done a search but not really found much.
I have a 172 track car that we've done a few days in since building it. They have been done on the standard 16s with road tyres.
Really wanting to get some better tyres on as its all over the place.
Funds are a little limited ATM with buying a house so need to keep the costs down.
Have bought some 15 inch wheels so tyres will be a bit cheaper.
Have been looking at the federal 595 rsr and the toyo r1r which come in a Little cheaper at 216 quid.
Has anyone got any recommendations to which is the better tyre?
Cheers

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Should be plenty of info on here mate, but I like the Federal RSR for the price of them

Will probably be trying the Nankang equivalent aswel next when I need some, the NS2R

Any of those will see you right

197 Cup CC
I got a pair of 16" t1rs from JJC for 90 quid so you could probably do the 4 corners for 160 I would imagine. Walls are supposedly a wee bit soft for track but I will find out next Sat

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
T1r's like most road tyres are fine for having a good blast at a track but if it's gets and hot and stick and you start to get involved in trying to tail something faster you will pull the tyre on to it's sidewall. Especially if your out for more than 15mins and they get really warm. This time of year if it stays cool it's less of a problem as the grip levels are less.