ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest main dealer price - V6 255

BMX

Hi folks, after comitting the biggest mistake of my life and selling my V6 last year (due to financial problems), Im about to go down my local dealer and order another one (before they end production).

I see that all the importers are doing good deals, but wondered what the best price anyone has had from a main dealer?

I think I read that telford mike got his for around £24,500 from a main dealer.

When I bought my last one, I got a grand off it but still cost me about £26k.

Im going in tomorrow morning, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

[Edited by Lee16V on 05 May 2005 at 4:28pm]

BMX

Do you know if that price was just to shift a new one that they already had in stock, or was it a fresh factory order?

mine worked out at around the 24.5k mark, i didnt get any discount to speak of but got a better trade in price on the 172, so its swings and rounabouts really.

Clio V6 255

Are you sure Carhound can get them?

They do list rear seat belts and spare wheel in the specifications though ;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I tried the Internet broker route for a month or two ... never saw any real evidence that the car was ever going to turn up. If you order from a dealer they can give you a build date immediately ... but internet brokers were vague and passed blame down to Renault being vague with them. In the end I gave up with them.

Andy - Funny you should mention that. I have exactly the same problem and have just bailed out. I tried several other brokers before that who were offering cheap deals but when you tried to place an order they couldnt do it. I wasted loads of time doing that. I think some of the web sites who know they can get say a 20% discount on Renaults, apply that to the entire range. As a result they end up claiming they can do £21k or whatever for a V6 but when you try to order one it turns out they cant.

Anyway totally disillussioned with internet brokers, Ive gone down the late 2nd hand route now and pick mine up tomorrow.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

About 24,600 from drivethedeal.com, and they basically get it through a main dealer.

You deal with the dealer and pick it up from there as well.

But I woul dseriously look at nearly new.

Exeter Renault in the last few months have had a 54 plate with 350 miles on the clock for 19,995 and a brand new 05 plate unused for 22!

Clio200 EDC Lux

Yeah seen that new one in Exeter a real stunner in red, had a droool over it when I got my 172 a few weeks ago.

dont buy new!! I got a blue v6 255 with 11000 miles on the clock, 53 plate, mint condition for £18988. Youll lose too much in the first yr, let somebody else take the brunt of the depriciation!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Storm_Force on 07 May 2005
Yeah seen that new one in Exeter a real stunner in red, had a droool over it when I got my 172 a few weeks ago.

Yeah the red one was nice :)

Sods law when I needed a car they had naff all in I was able to buy, when Im not looking theyve always got something I want :(

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Lee16V on 05 May 2005

I think I read that telford mike got his for around £24,500 from a main dealer.
about right. Circumstances might have changed now though, as the last 20 UK spec Vees are being produced in June. Ignore all the broker stuff, there are no more Vees to be had.

Brisol my lover..

I work 4 renault, we have got a pre reg titanium 05 v6 with deliv miles up at £22,995 reg 23/04/2005

Quote: Originally posted by BIG jts on 27 May 2005

I work 4 renault, we have got a pre reg titanium 05 v6 with deliv miles up at £22,995 reg 23/04/2005

What dealer is this, and is it just delivery miles?

What i mean is, it is 50miles on the clock or 500miles?

Out of interest, why are they flogging it so cheaply?

Brisol my lover..

slight f**k up :oops:reg date is 24/03/2005 Titanium v6 deliv miles is 26 ish looking for £22999 could even get this on selections:D

Renault Laguna Coupe

slight f**k up :oops:reg date is 24/03/2005 Titanium v6 deliv miles is 26 ish looking for £22999 could even get this on selections:D
bargain :D