ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Seat

Ph2 Clio 172
I would like an alternative drivers seat that is considerably lower than the standard seat, provides more lateral support, fits a "larger" gentleman, passes an MOT (has runners), uses the original standard belts, and costs as little as possible.

What are my options, or am I dreaming?

You'll be struggling. I've been looking for something similar( minus the larger gent bit!). Want a bucket seat which bolts straight in but there isn't an easy or cheap option. Standard 3 point seats are expensive and proper buckets are cheap but then you've got to have all the sliders and side mounts and harnesses for the mot, sighs longily.... From what I've read a bucket seat isn't much lower 10mm ish. Will do it one day but will go the whole seat and harness route unless there is a bargain standard seat out there, haven't found it yet.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
When you've got a wide bucket seat you've gotta sit on a decent strong basemount subframe to mount it all up.
By the time you've finished you're at roughly the same position as before.

If it was a skinny seat sometimes you can get sidemount seat rails on the seat and drop the seat between the runners.

Being wide thats not usually possible, so if your lower body is slightly wider it makes it harder to get a low seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
You can sit considerably lower in a bucket seat with my VBD Clio X-Low subframes.

I've also got some lowered adaptors coming soon to fit Recaro Trendline style seats.

All is not lost.

Cheers

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah its possible, but as jamseycc said, one you add a seat + sliders + custom subframe, you have failed the "cheap" part of the criteria 😧.
I drove my Clio for the first time in 5 weeks having recently got an Octavia for plodding about, and it felt like I was sitting 2 feet higher 😧