ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the Aerial

I have a 182,

got a new aerial. (shark fin one) however gone to fit it and cant.

I can peel back the headlining enough to get to the bolt but cant find the right spanner size or get any movement.

Help, i'm thinking removing the headlining but im worried it will never go back, anyone any ideas ?? plus any idea on the bolt sizes ??

Help is very much appreciated

ph2 clio 172
I used a deep dish spanner was either 22, 23 or 24!!! sorry not near my tools so can't me more specific!

ph2 clio 172
i undi center seat belt torx bolt, take out the plastic slidy things and peel back the rubber, , I also loosened the side plastic panels which helped, still made a massive crease in the headlining, but it goes away once you put it back, or at least did for me

Isn't there a cap on the headlining where the aerial is? You take it off, unscrew the aerial and it involves no peeling back of the headlining.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Its a 22"

You can change it by just removing the boot rubber and pulling the roof lining down enough to get to the nut.

thats what im doing with the boot rubber but im worried about damaging the headlining :(

ill have a go, 22inch tho wicked that helps loads.

i aint got a cap under the aerial unfortunately

thanks for your help lads.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
How'd you get on with this mate?
The housing for my aerial snapped off in the snow so i've been aerial-less for months.
Was gonna pick up a newish one from scrappers today, but didn't have a clue how to get it off.
And i butchered the roof liner off the other one, and don't fancy doing it to my own. :/