ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing rear calliper

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Need to change the passenger side rear calliper as its leaking.
What's the easiest way to get it off? Last time i changed a calliper i wedged the pedal down before undoing the brake line to stop fluid dribbling out.
Understand the handbrake cable may be a bit of a PITA!? Any info on getting that out the lever arm?
(ph2 172 BTW)
Thanks

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Wedged the pedal down? Surely that will put the lines under pressure and cause fluid to leak when you undo them?

Ideally you want a brake line clamp, I use these sort HERE

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
There's a small amount of fluid comes out when you undo the fitting from the calliper, but it doesn't dribble.
Brake line clamps won't really work with braided hoses will they

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
There's a small amount of fluid comes out when you undo the fitting from the calliper, but it doesn't dribble.
Brake line clamps won't really work with braided hoses will they

Nope, don't use them on braided hose (sorry, you never mentioned them). Just have something there to catch the fluid. The main thing to stop is any air being drawn into the lines as if it makes it back to the ABS pump you'll have trouble. Just leave it until you are ready with the new caliper, undo it and put it straight into the new one and you'll be fine.