ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing engine mounts tips?

Clio 172 phase 1
Hi guys and gals as per the title really going to be changing my engine mounts tonight any tips? Ill be fitting the vibratechnics red ones. Any one got a guide for reference ive had a little search but just seem to find reviews and discussions about them.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Support the sump with a jack,
make sure you put a block of wood inbetween the two though so you don't dent or damage the sump,
then change the drivers side one first, you'll need a deep socket as the thread's quite long.

Once that's all done, support the gearbox in the same way with some wood and a jack,
then swap the gearbox mount, it takes some persuasion and wiggling to get it off,
they'll be a point where you think it's never going to budge, but keep at it the thing will come off.

Getting the nut back under the gearbox bracket can be a pain in the arse,
I stuck it to my finger with some silicone to get it into place.

Just don't take the zip tie off the gearbox mount until the last minute,
alot of people take it off befpre they start and forget which order all the parts go in.

It's pretty straight forward, at the end of the day it's just a few nuts and bolts.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
theres a mount underneath so theres no need to support it

Clio 182
I'm also tackling this in the next week or so.

Do you just need to remove the undertray for the engine mount? Is there anything else?

Can you can change the gearbox mount by just taking the battery/airbox out?