ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing brake hoses tomorrow, do I need the engine running to bleed the brakes up?

Seat Ibiza
Is this true on my ph2 172? I know on some cars you have to have the engine running to get the ABS pump running? As like i say, i bought some brakes hoses so the fluid will be draining out, and I bought some Super Blue to replace the whole lot, hopefully they will feel alot better, just in time to get my Brembos :)
Im planning on getting a Eazi Bleed kit either tomorrow or soon and do the brakes next weekend! I just don't want to be left with a car with the brakes u/s!
Cheers guys,
dan

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
Re: Changing brake hoses tomorrow, do I need the engine running to bleed the brakes u

is it not a bad idea to totaly drain to whole unit ?

i'm sure iv read a few times that your not supose to drain it ,

i'd ask some 1 on here with the knowledge ie Fred, SidewaysDanny, Tom

Re: Changing brake hoses tomorrow, do I need the engine running to bleed the brakes u

Your not supposed to drain the lines, that would f**k it up majorly, you push new fluid through without letting air enter the lines, either using a bleeding kit or the old fashioned method, topping up the reservoir then having someone pump the pedal,

You never have the reservoir drop below min, if you get air in the lines by accident its a f**k up.

LY R26 230 F1 Team

Your not supposed to drain the lines, that would f**k it up majorly, you push new fluid through without letting air enter the lines, either using a bleeding kit or the old fashioned method, topping up the reservoir then having someone pump the pedal,

You never have the reservoir drop below min, if you get air in the lines its a f**k up.

Yup.

Dodgy one

DONT let it run empty & DONT have the ignition on .:cool:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

How much fluid needed?

Seat Ibiza

Ive been told its about it litre!
I've bled brakes a few times, but i know some ABS modulators can be a pain in the ass to bleed! But there is no was of changing to braided lines without letting some fluid out though is there? I mean normally you'd clamp them but as im taking them off its pretty pointless lol!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Is the ate blue stuff any good? Im guna take mine to a garage to get done, wouldnt have a clue were to start myself and i want the service book stamped for it

Seat Ibiza

Mmm, ive got reciepts for the hoses and fluid with together cost me £40 so i'll do it myself! I do see where you mean thou! Ive been told its one of the best and considering it only cost £10 :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Cool i thonk il go for that one then! Yea i know what you mean, just wouldnt have a clue so may aswell get it done were i know itl not be messed up and the stamp is allways a bones, its the only part of the service book that doeant have a stamp yet lol so thats why i want it

Seat Ibiza

Ah thats fair enough then...they say every 2-3 years but there are very few people who do it aren't there?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Were did you buy the fluid by the way mate? Local car place or on the net?

Seat Ibiza

GSF mate, tbf i got trade discount but its something they stock, its only £15 retail I think dude! Net will prob be cheaper but then postage is a pain! You got some braided lines too?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Well mine has never been done yet and its 5 year now on 51k, bever really hear of anyone getting it done, bet most cars go at least 10 years without it

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Yea mate i just organised the group buy on here for the goodrige, only £25 posted! Still waiting dor mine to turn up though

Seat Ibiza

If its the same guy that I got mine from (which i think it is) they are normally pretty quick, like 4days?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Its the guy whos selling rhem for £34 on ebay but i got in touch and aranged a group
Buy so did them evencheaper.we only paid thurs nite and a few have them allready so hes very quick, hopefully mine will be here on monday

Seat Ibiza

Yeah im sure they will mate, yeah same guy, wish i was a little later as i bought them of ebay but its all good!