ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing 172 front discs

Suzuki SV650
Pretty sure I can sort this out myself, changing pads seems a doddle having looked at the guide, but there isn't a guide on the discs. Can't be much more work?

Alls I'm unsure of is any extra bits I might need; gonna fit brembo hc discs, 182 front pads (they are a newer design than the 172 ones? Or are they all the same now?), copper grease, dot 4 fluid, ?...

Also the order in which to bleed the brakes? If anyone has a short guide that would be great. I've changed the front brake setup on a Mark 1 RT before to some valver/Willy brakes so its not like I'm totally new to this, although that was about 4 years ago.

Lots of Alfas
You shouldnt have any trouble changing the discs, unbolt the caliper off, the discs are held on by 2 small torx screws. They may need wacking on the back of the disc with a rubber mallet to get them off.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If you get in trouble Neal182 changed my complete front set up inc lines & bled system £30 or 40.

He's a renault tech;)

Burgandy 174 sport t
Depends who last put the torx screws on, I have a had a few that just dont wanna come off!