ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed rear brake lines

Clio 172 cup
So Ive had some rear brake lines made up for my 172 cup. When I picked them up the two that run from the caliper to the rear flexi, instead of having a flexi section in them they are just solid. I couldn't understand why the originals had a flexi section so didn't argue when I collected them. However I have now found why there was a flexible section, the calipers slide on pins when the peddle is pressed.

My question is will the lines be OK being subjected to very slight movement when the brakes are applied or do I need to go back and say that these lines really must have a flexible section in them

i made a solid (no flexi) rear pipe on my 182 about a year and a half ago as a temporary thing to get it through its MOT and it has been ok all that time and it gets used daily. i do actually have the replacement pipe i just keep forgetting to fit it, haha. but when ever i inspect that pipe it looks spot on with no problems, the brake caliper will only move a tiny bit as the pedal is pressed and a tiny bit over time as the pads wear down so doesn't really put any stress on the copper pipe but i don't know if a few years of it putting barely any stress on the pipes would be ok or not.

Clio 172 cup
I can't really see it being a problem in the short to mid term. I think what I'll do is go back and ask them to make to short sections of flexi that I can then install at a later date