ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed pads, but wheel doesn't spin freely!!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
I thought I'd give this ago on my own with the help of the guide, so I changed the pads, placed the caliper back over the pads, tightened up the bolts, pressed the peddle a few times, stared the car and pressed again and the wheels didn't budge :/ I took the caliper off again and could see a build up of what looked like crusty rust built up on the edge of the shim at the bottom of the pad, looks like it came from the edge of the disk as they look rusty, but there not that old :/ I cleaned that rust away from the sim and the wheel moved again. But the same thing happened when I reassembled and tried again!! Any ideas?

Blk/Gold 182 FF
image.jpg

CursedTitanium 182FF
Get a wire brush on them and clean up the edges as best as possible, then try it again.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Ye I've gone over them with a wire brush and got the biggest chunks off with a file, they seem to be ok now. Strange how one side of the disk was like that and the other side is ok :/ I cleaned the shims as best I could but they weren't in great shape!!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Ye I removed them and gave them a good clean, they couldn't move quite freely at first but after more cleaning of the carrier they were ok. They were eicher pads from ecp, not the greatest but you get what you pay for I guess. I had to file the sides down slightly so they could move nicely

Blk/Gold 182 FF
I've left them on now and gone for a drive and it seems ok :) I just think the disks need changing now and the calipers arnt in great shape, cars starting to show its age and milage now. I also found the inner track rod end gator is split! Argghhh