ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking problems on 03 Clio 172

clio 172 2003
The central locking has went nuts!!! The car repeatedly locks and unlocks itself when I'm driving along. I thought the problem may have been the locking switch on the dash so I unplugged that and the problem went away for a few months, but now it's back with a vengance. Can anyone help???

Cheers.

have you tried turning the auto lock off? i know it won;t fix the problem but it should stop it from locking & unlocking constantly

clio 172 2003
If you hold down the central locking switch on the dash it turns the auto lock on and off. However this doesn't stop the locks from going mad when I'm driving, but it I think it does have a lot to do with the problem. A beeping noise sometimes follows the unlocking of the doors, the same beep you get when you turn the autolock on or off. It's the most annoying fault I have experienced with this car, I'm quickly being put off buying another Renault!!!

could it be one of the door sensors being faulty so theres a fault in the circuit meaning it will keep trying to lock/unlock itself? its only a suggestion... my boot sensor used to randomly trick the car into thinking the boot was open mid journey & used to set the alarm off every now and then when the car was locked but the warning light didn;t always show on the dash...

or is there a fuse for the central locking... obviously not gonna fix the problem and you'd have to lock.unlock manually but probably not gonna be as annoying

My clio is doing the same, i disconnected the button but it still goes crazy, strangely of all it locks and unlocks when i brake or put the car in reverse, how did you fix yours????

monaco 172
Thought I'd bump this as nobody replied to my thread.

Got the same problem on a 1.2 52 plate. Anybody fixed it?

172 Cup, CRV
I know this thread started a while back but I'm experiencing exact same prob as described in original post.

Anyone any ideas?

Hello,

I'm also experiencing the same problem and all over internet, none answer any solution.
Please advise.

Regards
J