ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD Player on without key?

MK2 Clio
If I want to wire my cd player to work on a on/off switch (without ignition) do I just replace the red wire with one directly to battery (obviously with a fuse, what rating would I need)

Cheers

Polo + Micra
standard h/u or after market?

not so easy with the first and should be 2 mins with the second

clio 182 cup
mine does work without the key just press the on button on the cd player and it should come on,standard cd in a clio 182

Polo + Micra
on the loom for the car to head unit there is probably some bullet connectors on the the red and yellow connect them both to the permanent 12v and that should be it

182 BG
Mine standard worked with the key off, but changed to an aftermarket like you and it stopped.. Just a word of warning, mine didnt work when I connected the permanent to the both switched and live power connections, it wouldn't start, as there wasnt enough current... But it is an old car... Can you not just turn the key to the first click? (before the ignition lights come on)

MK2 Clio
Mine standard worked with the key off, but changed to an aftermarket like you and it stopped.. Just a word of warning, mine didnt work when I connected the permanent to the both switched and live power connections, it wouldn't start, as there wasnt enough current... But it is an old car... Can you not just turn the key to the first click? (before the ignition lights come on)

I could but I want this so I can have the cd player on without the need of putting the key in :)

Evo 8 MR
As has been said it's something to do with the bullet connectors. It should say on the instructions that came with the unit how it needs to be connected.