ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic

RenClio172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi everybody I need a cat for my Clio 172 phase2 that will pass an MOT. The owner before decated it so off the road till I get a cat converter. Any suggestions welcome 👍

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
There was someone selling a 182 cat on here a few days ago, not sure if its the same part for a 172?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
There was someone selling a 182 cat on here a few days ago, not sure if its the same part for a 172?

Unfortunately not, manifold on a 182 is longer and cat is shorter. Whereas 172 has short manifold and long cat.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
My 182 ran a cheap 3rd party job off eBay and passed MOT's fine everytime. Probably better than the expensive sports cat's that need to be super hot to scrape through a test.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Easiest way would be just to find another OEM 172 cat and wang that on, that's as long as the previous owner hasn't modified the exhaust in anyway to fit a different decat. They're not demanding as much money as they once were but they're still quite pricey if you can find one.

The alternative option is to buy a sports cat which would probably be half the price of an OEM, however people have mixed results when MOT time comes round.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
On my old 182, I had a Magnaflow 200 cell sports cat welded into the decat. This was the cheapest solution at the time, but the cat elements were only about £70 at the time. Then I paid around £50 to have it welded in.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I had a BTB 182 cat mod on my last 172 back when cats were about £60.
IMG_3539.jpeg

RenClio172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
On my old 182, I had a Magnaflow 200 cell sports cat welded into the decat. This was the cheapest solution at the time, but the cat elements were only about £70 at the time. Then I paid around £50 to have it welded in.
Hi Darryl I have a welder and can cut and fit a cat, it's getting a decent cat to welded in might be the way to go. I will look into Magneflow cat's 👍