ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic Converter probs.

FF CLIO 182
My CAT went the other day, the car is only an '05 plate. kwick fit ordered what they thought was the right part, but as it turned out it did not match the existing CAT as the existing one is cylindrical. This cylindrical one as it turns out is a 'dealer only supplied part' and as such costs a stupid amount of money.

Luckilly i managed to get it welded together again, but am worried that it will only be a matter of time before the weld fails, which will leave me up sh*it creek without a 182.

Where might i get a Clio Service CD that they use at Renault....i need to see the diagram indicating the catalytic converter part no: 8200335385 and associated exhaust system etc.

Is the silencer before or after the CAT when going from front of car to back?

Please can someone shed some light on this or even better does anyone have a spare one lying around.....long shot i know.

Thanks

Ryan.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It's under warranty isn't it? Dealer - you'll be able to get them to pay.

Dan

Lots of Alfas
If its not covered by the warranty its a good idea to get a sports cat. I bet kwik fit ordered a 172 one which is completly different.

FF CLIO 182
If its not covered by the warranty its a good idea to get a sports cat. I bet kwik fit ordered a 172 one which is completly different.

Wouldn't suprise me pal, the book they had only went to Clio Williams...WTF?

My car is a blasted 'import' as such only came with 2 years warranty as opposed to 3.

Gray, PM sent back.

BMW M135i
Shouldn't do, should have 3 years. Not 100% sure on the procedure but if you ring renault you should be able to get it sorted then get it replaced.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Wouldn't suprise me pal, the book they had only went to Clio Williams...WTF?

My car is a blasted 'import' as such only came with 2 years warranty as opposed to 3.

Gray, PM sent back.
My 172 was an import.

Renault may pay towards the cost of the CAT.

They didn't when my steering wheel bearing collapsed.

Trophy #267
bolocks ! my import had 3 years warranty (and i had the pleasure of letting the local dealer do shedloads of warranty stuff imn the last 12 months)