ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat c vee for £6700

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 197
If the damage was what he has advertised then it wouldn't be a cat C, it would be cat D, he's had the VIC check done I see.

Personally I wouldn't want a car that had been declared a write off, my 182 had very little cosmetic damage (for the speeds involved in the accident) but the chassis was twisted. That was a cat C IIRC.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Burgandy 174 sport t
vic check is 35 iirc and all it does is check the identity of the car not check any repairs!! Wont take much to cat c a vee. been for sale for a while now, getting near the price for buying it for spares imo its cheap enough!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting near the price for buying it for spares imo its cheap enough!

I was just thinking that!

I wouldnt be put off owning a CAT-D/C vee if the price was right and was repaired by someone who knew what they were doing.

I would knock them down more, you could get a straight one for a couple of grand extra. I would however proceed with extreme caution though, they are a handfull when there straight, let alone one thats had a smash.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio's
If the damage was what he has advertised then it wouldn't be a cat C, it would be cat D, he's had the VIC check done I see.

Personally I wouldn't want a car that had been declared a write off, my 182 had very little cosmetic damage (for the speeds involved in the accident) but the chassis was twisted. That was a cat C IIRC.

if the car was cat C then he would have to have had the VIC done for it to be road legal. and it might have been a cat C due to the cost of the new body panels which are amazingly expensive from renault not due to the amount of damage.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You could insure it easily.

Just remember it is what it is though.Come a crash or small repair you could have the car writen off and them give you a tenner for it,because nobody really knows the value of a cat car

Trader Rating - 100%
42   0   0
  320d
Very easy to Cat C a vee based on the cost of the parts, same applies to a lotus or vx220

A v6 front bumber is approx £1k
Fronts wings are approx £1k each
Fog light surrounds are £250 each

Straight away the above parts are enough to catergorise it thats before painting and fitting costs